***

I met Caitlyn at lunch to tell her what happened.

"You what?" She exclaimed.

"Pipe down, Caitlyn!" I hissed.

"Sorry," Caitlyn said with her lowered voice. "But why? Do you like him?"

"I don't know. I was just caught up in the moment. I think I like him?" I asked myself.

Do I really like him? I know what I said last night but I had never really thought much about my feelings for Chase. All I knew then was that I was comfortable around him and that I was able to be myself instead of that popular girl everyone else sees me as.

"Bree, I don't think this is a good thing."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I hate to break it to you but you have to remember who you are. Everyone in school is looking at you. What do you think they're going to say when they see you dating a loser like him?"

"Will you stop? He's not a loser!" I nagged. "Just because he doesn't talk much or that he keeps more to himself doesn't make him a loser. From the past few weeks I've spent time with him, he's been nothing but kind, funny and sweet. Sure, he maybe a little different than other people but maybe that's a good thing."

"Okay okay, you like him, I get it. It's just so weird for me to wrap my head around that idea, that's all," Caitlyn admitted.

"There's nothing to wrap your head around. Chase and I are just friends right now. Whatever happens, I'll be making my own decisions. I don't need the entire student body to tell me who I should hang out with."

"I guess that's true. Sorry if I wasn't so supportive."

"It's okay.

The bell soon rang and we quickly made our way back to class.

***

I texted Chase, letting him know that I would be waiting for him outside the school. I stood by the gate with my books in arms and waited for his arrival.

"Hey, Bree!" I heard a voice called out from behind me. It didn't belong to Chase so I was wondering who it could have been. I turned around to see Noah frantically making his way towards me. As much as I didn't want to see him, I decided to hear what he had to say.

"What do you want?" I asked bluntly.

"Nothing, I just saw you outside here all alone and thought I might say hi," stated Noah. "It's been a while since I saw you."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Listen, I know you're still mad at me about that party."

I closed my eyes momentarily and sighed. "I'm not mad. I know it wasn't your fault you acted that way."

"Really? I'm so glad you believe me. You know I'd never do anything to hurt you," Noah said, looking apologetic. His jet black hair was moving slightly in the cold wind and his brown eyes shone like it had always been. His smile almost made my heart flutter. Almost.