Chapter 5: Happiness

QUICK A/N

Okay, you know I don't put notes often, but I need to clarify four things for a second!

1) The blood is supposed to be pink. It's pink in the original Dangan Ronpa and Super Dangan Ronpa 2. It's supposed to make the scene less gorey.

2) I've pre-written a lot of the blook when I post chapters, so I don't go through comments seeing who people like and killing them off. It's happened already. If somethig happens in the book, it's not because of any comments I read.

3) Sone characters in the book have roles similar to characters in DR and SDR2, like Tyler playing the part of the protagonist Naegi or Hinata, for example. However, this doesn't mean that they'll be doing the same exact things as the character does. For example, if I were to give Adam the role of the character who dies first in DR (who will be unnamed for no spoilers), he still didn't die first anyway. (Also this is an example, Adam does not play the role of that character).

4) NO CHARACTER DEATH IN DR/SDR2 IS GOING TO BE THE SAME AS A CHARACTER'S DEATH IN THE STORY! Especially don't assume how the next death is going to happen just because of how the second death is in Dangan Ronpa!

Thanks and sorry for the note! I just wanted to clarify four things. Back to the book~

The Dining Hall was silent that afternoon after the Trial.

Nobody was in the mood to eat, after seeing Jordan and Ian, but everyone was still sitting at the tables, silently sharing each other's dread and despair.

"Attention Houseguests!" Herobrine's voice boomed throughout the house. "I have a surprise for you! Head to the hallway past the Enchanting Room please! Hehe!"

Eveyone exchanged glances, and slowly got up from their tables and followed Herobrine's instructions.

This particular hallway had been where the barred-off staircase had been. Except now, the staircase wasn't barred.

"Yup! This is your reward for surviving a trial! You get to access another floor of the mansion!" Herobrine's voice explained.

"Disgusting," Mitch muttered. "We're being rewarded for basically ignoring the death of one of our peers, and causing the death of another. Jordan's corpse isn't there, anymore. I checked."

"I-it wasn't our fault," Bodil explained. "And it wasn't Ian's fault. It's Herobrine's fault for making us come here and do this."

Everyone nodded grimly in silent agreement. "So, let's head on up," Tyler said, and everyone walked up the staircase.

The first floor of the house, that they had already explored, had one hallway on the western side that led to the enchanting room and the elevator to the Household Trial. On the eastern side was the Dining Hall, Kitchen, and front door (which was very heavily barred and barricaded like the house's windows). In the middle was the bedrooms.

So, on the second floor, who knew what to expect?

The staircase led the fourteen Minecraftians to a large, living room area. It had many large, fancy and comfortable looking sofas and chairs, and a warm fireplace. On the wall to the left was a large classic minecraft painting of a woman painting s pig's face. There were many tall windows on the right wall, which had of course been barricaded with iron blocks.

On the far wall, opposite of the staircase, was a large doorway (with no actual door) that led to a hallway. The rooms found in the hallways were a large elegant-looking master bathroom, a spacey room with a piano, and some sort of study room, with some bookshelves and a writing desk, although not as many books as the enchanting room downstairs.

"This place is huge," Brice said in awe after they had all finished exploring.

"This is still messed up, big time," Ant growled with crossed arms.

"Hey, but it's still a pretty cool place, right?" Bash pointed out in attempt to lift the mood.

"Pretty cool place to commit a murder. I'm going back to the Dining Hall," Mitch growled, heading back towards the stairs. Ant, Jerome, Adam, Ryan and Quentin all followed.

"Well, sure this house is really twisted and sick, but shouldn't we enjoy it while we can?" Bodil asked, as everyone left turned to look over at him.

"That's what I do. Just try and be positive, and make the most out of it," He explained.

Seto gave a small smile. "You're right, Bodil. It's pretty bad here, but it's not all bad. If we die, we die in this beautifully designed mansion."

Tyler's stomach growled loudly.

"Whoa! What was that?!" Matt asked with a laugh.

"Hey, I never got to eat breakfast today! Don't blame me!" Tyler said with a big smile.

"Alright, let's head down for dinner, then!" Bash declared happily. "I already checked the kitchen, Herobrine had the courtesy to not put any melons in our food stock!"

Everyone laughed, heading down the stairs. Their hearts could never forget Jordan and Ian, but at least their minds could for now.

≪≫

Tyler gouged down on his long-waited potato. He hadn't even realized how hungry he had been.

"Whoa, breathe for a second, dude!" Adam said with a laugh. Bodil's enthusiasm seemed to have spread to the whole house.

"Tell that to Jerome!" Mitch exclaimed. "He ate three fish already. Raw!"

"Ugh, gross, Jerome!" Ty exclaimed.

"What? I like them raw," Jerome said with a shrug as he bit the head off his fourth fish. "You're lucky the food restocks daily!" Quentin teased.

Everyone was happy. Or, as close to happy as they could get. In this mansion, true happiness was nonexistent. But they could at least raise their spirits, while deep down they knew it would end soon, when another murder happened. Behind those fourteen smiles, thirteen wondered in the back of their minds if they would be next. One mind, however, was already planning his crime.

≪≫

The next few days or so were pretty much uneventful. It felt almost...natural that they were living together in this mansion. Everyone was at peace....but everyone was still wondering how much longer their happiness would last, but all tried to follow Bodil's words and enjoy it while it lasted.

Everyone seemed to be bonding closer, everyone becoming more friendly, some even becoming really close, like Mitch and Jerome or Brice and Seto.

Tyler, like everyone else, worried and wondered in the back of his mind, but tried his best to push it away. Still be cautious, but don't be down.

It was getting late one day, and while many people were still chatting, Tyler was about to head for bed early, since it was almost ten o' clock. A couple of others already had.

As he walked out of the Dining Hall, down the hallway to the bedrooms, he squeezed his eyes shut, stretched his arms up and gave a big yawn.

Then, he tripped over something.

He instinctively threw out his hands to stop him from hitting he ground, but his knees still banged the floor hard, and he winced. He adjusted his glasses and rose to his feet, sighing and brushing himself off. He turned around to see what he had tripped on, and screamed, leaping back in shock and fear.