Dustin Imagine for Luna

This is an AU where El never goes kaplooey when she kills the Demigorgon, so she is still around for this. Requested by lunanightfall594
     It was just another normal Saturday afternoon.  Hoshiko was at Dustin's house reading comics as usual, and nothing was any different from any other day.  So far, at least.  After sitting for so long in one spot, glasses tend to get a bit dusty.  And so Hoshiko's glasses did exactly that.  She takes them off for a moment, and wipes as much dust as she can from the lenses with her t-shirt.

     "You have really pretty eyes," Dustin comments, his voice sounding a bit lost.  A light pink dusted his cheeks.  He started mumbling to himself as he took sudden interest in the pattern on the pillowcases, but he was not the only one to hear.  "I wish I could stare at them forever.  No, don't be creepy; she wouldn't like you like that anyway."  He was suddenly taken from his thoughts by a gasp and a chuckle; he must have said it louder than he had hoped.

     "If I may butt in on your conversation with yourself," she started, amusement dancing in her slightly narrow eyes, "but you are incorrect.  I would, in fact, like you.  Not 'would,' really, but do, I guess.  Like, as more than a friend."  Her cheeks, too, were now dusted with the rosey warmth of a blush. 

     "Well, if that's the case, would you, maybe, possibly, kinda like to go to the Snowball with me?"  His words were rushed with anxiety, and he held his breath in anticipation.

     It only took her seconds to reply.

     "Yes!"  She wanted to shout it from the rooftops, but as there were no exceedi-ngly tall buildings in Hawkins, that would be a bit difficult to achieve without possibly being screamed at by someone.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

     Hoshiko looked in the mirror.  Her ever-present glasses were absent for tonight, replaced with the contacts that she hadn't enjoyed until today.  Her blue dress was flowing around her knees, swishing when she turned.  The white flower in her hair complimented the ensemble perfectly, making Hoshiko look even more delicate than usual.

     Finished with her look, she sped towards her door and down her hallway; she took the stairs down to her living room three at a time, too excited to contain her joy.

      When Dustin saw her, he was in awe.  He hadn't thought that she could be any more beautiful than he had already thought that she was.  She walked up to him and he looked up at her. 

     "Should we get going?" Hoshiko asked.  "We wouldn't want to keep the others waiting."  Dustin nodded in response and walked to the door. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

     Lucas and his date, Ruby, had already run off to the dance floor, Ruby being impatient and anxious.  She was always on to get things over with.  Will and Jennifer Hayes were dancing as well.   Mike, Dustin, Eleven and Hoshiko headed to the table with the food. 

     "Eggos?"  Eleven questioned, hoping her favorite food would be on the table.  Mike shook his head.  "No Eggos?  Why?" Eleven's confused and disappointed voice was all that they needed to be set off into a fit of laughter. 

     "Well, there may not be any Eggos, but there is something even better," she said, dragging the confused girl to the other end of the table.  "This. This is what we call cake.  You should try some."

     The tall asian girl grabbed a plate and got one piece of chocolate cake, and one of vanilla.  She didn't have time to get a fork, though, because Eleven had already grabbed a handful of each.  Her eyes lit up as soon as she tasted it. 

     "You like it?"  She nodded vigorously and smiled through her mouthful of cake. 

     "Good, because that is a fan favorite here.  Too bad we can't eat it all the time, the lunch ladies only make it for special occasions," Dustin informed her as she shoved the rest into her mouth.  Mike burst out in laughter when she tried to take some from the whole cake.  Hoshiko grabbed her hand first, luckily. 

     When the song changed to "In My Life", by the Beatles, which was Hoshiko's favorite song, Dustin brought her out to the dance floor. 

     "Dustin," she started, looking over his head, "I can't dance."

     "Don't worry," he assured her.  "I can teach you.  Just follow me." 

     They danced for that song.  And then the next. And the next, and the next, until they were laughing and smiling so much that they were falling over.  They left the dance floor, and headed over to by the bleachers.  Hoshiko saw, from across the room, that Mike and Eleven were kissing under some misteltoe.  Dustin noticed that he and his date were standing just to the left of some misteltoe, so he leaned on her until she fell into the spot under the misteltoe.

     "Oops," he smirked, pointing above her head.  "Looks like we have to kiss."

     She grabbed onto his ankle from the ground, and pulled him down as well.  She stood up after her revenge and held out a hand to help him up.  As soon as he was on his feet, she leaned down and planted a kiss on his lips.  His face got beet red as she pulled away.

     "Thanks, I had fun."

     "Me too."