Guardian Angel: Dustin X Reader

This was a request made by @ifallupthestairs and I would like to thank her for being my second request! Hope y'all like it!
          "Hello- uh, hi. Dustin," I said. "Come- uh, come on in. And sit down. But only if you want to!" Today was the day I invited my first nonfiction crush to hang out.

          "Um, okay. I think." He was really cute when he was confused. "So what do you want to do?"

         "I don't know! Uh- I mean, you can- um, you can decide." When I said it it sounded more like a question. "Maybe, do you, like, wanna eat food? And talk? Talking is nice." He gave me a funny look, but then nodded.

          "Yeah, sounds good." He sat down at the kitchen table while I got food. "Ooh, do you have chocolate pudding? Or Eggos? I could eat, like, twelve of those things. " I immediately went on a hunt for Eggos and pudding.

          "Uh, I- I think we... might? Maybe?" I started blushing immensely. "I-is it hot in here? Or is it just me?"

          "It's probably that huge sweater you're wearing. You should take it off if you're really that warm. I mean, it's August."

          "O-on second thought..." I couldn't let him see. "I'll be f-fine. Just... completely fine. Heh... heh..."

           He looked at me, and then a look of realisation but his features. "I really think you should take off your sweater. It would probably make you a lot less warm. You're really red." He knew I was probably hiding something. He was trying to trick my brain. "I think you'd look cute without the sweater."

         I took off the sweater as I heard his suggestion. "Fuck." The word left my mouth the second I saw the look on his face. "Pay no attention to the scars behind the sweater!" I hurriedly tried to put the sweater back on, but that was a challenge while I was frantically waving my arms.

          "What is this? [Y/N], this is not okay. You shouldn't hurt yourself! This is not okay!" Tears formed in my eyes, and I could see tears brimming in his as well.

         "People don't care about me, so why shouldn't I?" I didn't understand why he was so upset.

          "[Y/N], people do care. No matter what you do, you impact every life on this planet. Dying included. I care! I've cared ever since I first saw you! And you know what, if you killed yourself, my crush would be dead! So please, don't hurt yourself. It's not okay!" I burst into tears. He hugged me as I sobbed. "Talk to me, okay? We can be friends, and hang out. We can even be more than friends. Just talk to me. Let it all out." He walked me to the couch and sat me down, still holding me close.

         We stayed like that for hours, and I fell asleep from crying so hard. When I woke up, he was still holding me, watching over me, as if he was my new guardian angel. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

         "I have to go now. I left my house's phone number on the table. It's almost dinner time, and my mom will be worried. I just want you to know that I'm here if you need me." I looked up at him, hopeful.

          "Promise?"

          "Promise."