Pudding?: Dustin X Reader Oneshot

Dustin's POV
As I walked down the hall, all I could think about was food. Well, that and the girl that sat next to me in English class. Her name was [Y/N], the really akward fangirl of the grade. Yep, she was a huge nerd, and that was why I liked her. Although, I had noticed that she was more awkward around me than anyone else. That was the weird part. I knew that she was awkward, but once the reason she said that no one would ever want to kill me was because, and I quote, "You're a person!" And maybe that was  another reason why I liked her. But I knew that she probably liked Troy or something. She seemed to look in his direction very often, though her expression was usually one of panic.

     When I opened my locker, a piece of paper flew out. It was folded to the smallest it could get without being an inch thick. On the outside, it said, "To Dustin," in that all-too-familiar handwriting. It was hers.

     I unfolded the note, and it was just as awkwardly adorable as she was.

"Dear Dustin,
     You may or may not be the human being I enjoy in a non-platonic way. Please do not concur with others about this topic. I would prefer if this information remain private so that I do not become humiliated.
Sincerely, and hopefully not weirdly,
[Y/N]"

     I literally jumped for joy as I skipped to lunch. When I sat down, Mike seemed to notice my mood.

     And he decided to ask about it. "You seem happier than normal. What's up?" I can't hold my excitement. I have the biggest grin that have ever seen on my face.

     "You know, I really should tell you, but I was specifically told not to tell anyone, so I'll show you." I take the note out of my pocket and show them.

      "[Y/N] likes you? Why does that make you so happy?" Lucas questions me, but soon realization hits him. "Oh. You like her? Why do you like her of all people? Isn't she that really akward girl from English class? Why didn't you tell us?" The questions didn't ruin my mood like they normally would.

      "Yes. She's cute and smart, and awkward attracts me. You guys would make fun of me for liking someone." All of my answers are clear, so that there is no confusion.

     "Are you gonna tell her?" They all looked at me with wonder as Will finished.

      "I dont know, maybe? Should I? Would that be a good idea? What would happen after that? Ugh, why is love so complicated?" I suddenly saw her walking towards our table and internally scream.

     "Hi. I didn't know if you got my note. If you didn't, it's okay. If you did, and you- uh, you don't- you don't feel the same, that is also okay, but-" Her awkard babbling drove me crazy. I couldn't take it anymore. So, I shut her up with a kiss. When I pulled away, her face was red, and I could feel mine getting red as well. "Oh. Uh- do you, like- I dunno, wanna be- what's the word?"

     "Yes," I shouted, probably too eagerly. "I mean- yeah, sure, no big deal." I held my hand out, and in the palm of my hand was something I would only share with someone I cared deeply for. "Pudding?"