His Cousin, Sadly: Older!Mike X Reader Oneshot

Reader~Chan's POV
     You know how sometimes, even when you are legally an adult, your parents force you to visit your annoying cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents? Well, that was me this summer. And there are many words to describe my cousin Troy. Bratty, annoying, rude, asshole, idiot, and maybe even mouthbreather, just to make a few. And it didn't help that his little sidekick was always around. But the worst part was that I had to hang out with him all summer, and I was forced to follow him around. Or so I thought. It had actually turned out to be the best part of the summer.

          It was a hot Autgust day, and Troy was out with his annoying sidekick, which meant I had to go, too. We walked for a while, until he saw a group of four boys, all looking to be about our age. But Troy, being Troy, had to approach them and ruin their day.

        "Hey freakshow," he called out to them. I mentally face-palmed.

          "What do you want, Troy?" They all turned around to face him as one, who I assumed was the leader, was speaking. "I thought we settled this a while ago."

          "Yeah, we'll get our friend again! She's still crazy," the one with curly hair said, with a slight lisp.

          "Well, Toothless." He spat the words out, dropping with venom. "I have my own friend." He gestured to me. I have him a puzzled look.

          "Troy, I can't stand the thought of you. Don't call me your friend." The four boys laughed. "If I wasn't your cousin, I already would have slapped the smug look off of your face and gone to hang out with the seemingly normal people that you call a 'freakshow'. Now, would you like me to tell Aunt Gina, or can I go hang out with them without consequences?" Troy looked at the ground. "That's what I thought. Meet me back at the park at noon so neither of us have to get screamed at."

          As Troy walked off, the leader-looking boy looked at me. "So do you like Dungeons and Dragons?"

          "Come on, Mike! You can't just invite a girl to your house. We just met her!" I could tell that this boy was the skeptical one.

          "Lucas, it's a girl that just roasted Troy!" Mike then whispered the next part, but just loud enough for me to hear it. "Plus, you gotta admit. She's pretty hot." They all just stared at me as I burst out laughing.

          "I heard that, but thanks. And I'm [Y/N]. And you, I'm presuming your name is Mike, need to work on your whispering. Oh, and you too, person who I think is named Lucas." They all exchanged glances and nodded at each other, probably agreeing on something.

          Then, the curly-haired boy aked me. "So, do you wanna hang or what?" They all stared at me, waiting for a reply as I walked closer to them.

          "Sure, Curly-Fry. Oh, and Mike, you're not so bad yourself." I punctuated the sentece with a quick wink as Mike blushed. We flirted back and forth a bit more for a while, and eventually... well, I'm gonna spare you the details.

          But that was what made that summer at least a bit bearable.