구: too much information

"Get yourselves a room, you two

"Get yourselves a room, you two. As if I wasn't already stressed due to my breakup that you two showed up. The fuck, man, my mood is ruined!"

Sera immediately shot up her head towards the origin of that distasteful voice, only to find more astonished gazes piercing right through her head. A nearly inaudible cough captured her attention in the meanwhile, her eyes ensuingly widening at the mere sight of the man who still had his arms fastened around her. It was as if she had almost forgotten that she was not yet standing on her own two feet.

"Uhm, Miss Won... what is this about?" Jimin's eyes had turned googly too, a vivid blush continuously creeping across his cheeks.

His touch had become warm as an addition, and being that close to Sera was only accentuating him slipping into a dazed state. Sera too, would not have been able to see how much in awe Jimin was—thanks to his impenetrable cap and mask— had she not clung onto him as if her survival depended on it.

Not that Jimin had anticipated a logical answer either, but when Sera chewed on her lips out of hesitation and instead motioned her index finger towards the ground, the former could not quite fathom the secretive message.

Nonetheless, he shifted his line of sight as Sera had gestured—to the ground— and found a rather deep puddle brimming with muddy water. With curious eyes, he looked at Sera again, who was now smiling awkwardly like an idiot.

She was intending to sacrifice him to the ditch in her place. Although fortunately, he had managed to attract all the luck of his entire life that day, and wound up saving himself as well as the mean lady whose sincerity he had begun to question now. Lifting her up instantly, Jimin made sure to help Sera settle herself on a relatively safer spot this time. Though as soon as she was on her feet once again, she happened to glance a scornful expression on Jimin's face— who was also scrutinizing her from head to toe in contempt.

"That was very opportunistic of someone who crossed paths with me after two whole years. I'll never forget how you treat me ever ytime we meet." Jimin said in a tone full of displeasure, stirring Sera to get down on her knees and desperately ask for his forgiveness.

Figuratively speaking.

"Ah! Why are you out in the rain? Don't you just despise it when clothes get stuck to your skin? It's just so—"

"Excuse me? You're also out in the rain, and nor do you have an umbrella. As for me, as long as the drops don't seem like some stones being pelted upon me, I tend to stay outside for a while. I know I sound like a kid but... can't help it." Jimin paused for the giggle that he had between stifling previously, making his laugh sound like the ringing wind chimes to Sera, "What about you? Don't you like the feeling too? Watching these raindrops convinces me that all my worries have been washed away, and that I can stop thinking about a certain thing." He completed as he stretched out his hand to let few of the raindrops kiss the soft surface of his palm.

"It's... It's the opposite for me. I don't particularly hate it, but I can't say I like it either. It's just that... the sky looks so sad to me whenever it rains. And it kind of reminds me of my past. My past... isn't worth cherishing, you see." Sera forcefully curved her lips into a smile, and that action of hers had a reverse effect on Jimin. His joy seemed like it subsided— all the traces of him being happy a few moments back suddenly getting erased.

"Why? What happened back then? If you're comfortable telling me—"

"Nothing, just shit loads of teenage angst— Oh no, I ain't that close to you to be swearing in front of you. Anyway, there was this one guy whom I had fallen miserably in love with, despite knowing that in no way would I ever be able to be with him. Too much information but yes, my past almost became tragic due to this episode." Sera finished, cracking another feigned grin to persuade Jimin that she was getting over it, gradually but surely.

"I hope you're doing well now. I mean, look at you! So successful at such a young age—" Jimin's merry facial features had once again transformed into that of a conspicuous confusion when Sera interrupted, stating the most obvious fact as usual.

"Says who." She folded her arms over her chest, and could somehow sense the sprouting of an unconventional friendship from the ongoing conversation.

"Yeah, alright. But you're successful in your own way! I don't think there's a unit to measure success, am I wrong?" Jimin underwent a serious surge of energy, leading to a eventual rise in his volume.

Sera was having her time amidst all that bickering. And them talking so casually to each other would have stayed as the best of both worlds, if only her self-condemning conscience had not taken it all on itself to spoil whatever residue of glee that Jimin had managed to leave for her. If only Sera could unearth a reason that would not prevent her from falling for the man. If only she had been assured that she would not have to walk through fire anymore just because of her love for someone.

If only she had never surrendered her heart to Jimin in the first place, she would not have to overthink so much before coming to like somebody again.

🔸

a/n

a rushed af chapter huhu i'm sorry but there are just too many of my assignments nearing their deadlines😭