Chapter Fifty-Two

Start from the beginning

I started getting text messages from the others. Hobi, Seokjin, Jimin, Taehyung.. I assumed Yoongi was already asleep by this time. Hobi and Seokjin were in vacation, and so I replied to them first about the situation.

Jimin and Taehyung said they would go. I told them the address of the hospital and pocketed my phone after finishing each conversation.

My eyes were glued on the door. Sooner or later, a doctor would come out of that door, and would announce us the news.

I clasped my hands together and started saying my prayers.

If there was someone I loved so much, Jungkook would be there. He was my bestfriend. I couldn't lose him, he portrayed a role no other person can. Though I knew he was strong, I could never be too sure.

"Please, please." I found myself silently praying. "Let him live. Please.."

"Suyung." Jaehee's usual perky voice was low and sad. I sighed and stood up, not hesitating to embrace her in a hug. She wasn't the type to keep her feelings to herself for too long, so I wasn't surprised when she broke down. She pulled away. "How is he?"

"It's still unclear." I replied, nodding over to Namjoon. "It's been more than an hour."

"He's gonna have to undergo surgery wether we disapprove or not." Namjoon explained. "That bullet has to be taken out of his body before it harms any of his organs. How did it happen, anyways?"

"According to his parents, he was shot once he step foot outside of the car." I answered. "What do you think?"

He pursed his lips and nodded. "We have two things for that: It's either the gunman wanted him to be shot, or the gunman wanted to shoot someone else. But in my personal opinion.."

"He might be the target in the first place." he crossed his legs, his words catching the attention of the family. "I don't think the gunman'll would flee if he had a good angle and hiding place to shoot his target. Most likely, he would wait for everyone to be outside of the vehicle before shooting. But as soon as he saw Jungkook, he pulled the trigger."

"That means.." Jaehee's voice cracked. "Someone wanted him to be shot."

"But I just don't see anyone doing it." I admitted, trying to reassure not only everyone, but me as well. "I don't see why someone would want Jungkook like this. Nobody dislikes him, much less hurt him."

"But this may be part of someone's plan." Namjoon said, pausing for a bit. "Plenty of outlaws can be indirect and hurt loved ones instead of their victim. They tend to do this to give signs.. you think so?"

"Can we please.." Jaehee frowned. "Not talk about that, for a small while? I.. feel worse than I should."

We didn't complain, though. She probably couldn't handle the heavy atmosphere going around. My mind was still thinking of the endless.. or more like, empty faces that could possibly do this.

"We should report to the police right away." Namjoon spoke up. I wanted to go, but it didn't seem like I would be much help, so thank god Uncle and Junghyun raised their hands. They exited the hospital, and I see them walk past Jimin, Taehyung.. and my mother?

"Oh dear." my mother lets out a sigh, making her way to Aunt and wrapping her arms around her. Jaehee stood up, approaching our friends.

I furiously wiped my tears as I made my way over to Jimin and Tae.

"Is Jungkook alright?" Jimin questioned, frowning at me and Jaehee. "Aish.. please don't cry, you two. You're making me cry, too." Jimin's smile dropped, and he slightly tilted his head.

HARUM SCARUM | kth. [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara