Chapter 39: A Smuggled Heathen Goddess

Start from the beginning

"For a moment there pal" Aaron began as we strode after Rahul into the hotel, "I actually thought he was going to drag us by our collars and throw us out of the window."

"Which would have actually happened if I didn't intervene your heart-to-heart with him." I muttered.

He ignored my comment and followed me by shoulder until Rahul came to a halt. He shuffled in his feet uncomfortably, as if thinking this twice over. I glanced at the name-plate on the light wood door. Pearl suit, it said. At the mere thought that Ria was behind that door instantly made my heart beat like a drum against my suit which tightened at the collar at the very moment. I swallowed the urge to rub the nape of my neck in nervousness as Rahul rang a bell.

"Konn hai?"(1) She said in an exotic tongue, her musical voice muffled by the door. Her voice seemed to be my undoing.

"Ria, main hoon. Darvaza khuloo."(2) Rahul replied.

The conversation between the siblings remained unknown to me but as soon as Rahul said those strange words there were a few shuffles on the other side and I heard soft footsteps padding on the carpet towards the closed door. As the reality began to sink in, I felt dizzying rush of adrenaline as did fear, anxiety and most of all, an overwhelming sense of love. I waited impatiently as I heard the jingle of key on the other side, anticipation making my hands twitch beside me.

"Muhurth kho samaya bhakhi hai naa?" I could hear her complain on the other side in the unfamiliar language. "Thum ko iss---"(3)

The door opened and she froze at the doorstep when her eyes fell on us. I stiffened at her sight, breath knocked out from my chest. She had removed the shawl that had shaded her face or covered the upper portion of her body, leaving her in a blouse that simply covered her breasts and shoulders along with a voluminous skirt. Her hair was let out in waves framing her heart-shaped face, her doe eyes wide and her pouty lips parted in awe. Her mocha skin glowed tantalizingly under the soft yellow lights and I couldn't tear my eyes away from her supple cleavage that the maroon silk accentuated.

In all she looked like one of the heathen goddesses that she worshipped.

The sound of the door closing snapped my attention back to present. Ria was closing back the door on seeing us. Out of impulse, I stuck my foot out and jammed the door from closing. It nearly gave my ankles a fracture but right then, I didn't give a f*ck.

"Ria, please listen to me."

I pleaded with her, my voice lowered to a hush as I gently tried to push the handle to open up the door. Her annoyed face, peeped from the crack of the door.

"I have nothing to say, Adam. Leave." She asked me in a monotone.

"Ria." Rahul stepped into the tight circle to view his twin's face, pushing Aaron out of his way. "Usko sirf eek bar thumkey sath puchna hai. Uskey baath vo...vo vapas chal jayyeki."(4)

Rahul's words seemed to make Ria mellow, her eyes glassed and dazed as she gazed deep into her brother's eyes like as if they were telepathic or something. Although my understanding of the language they spoke is close to zero, I figured he spoke in my favor or at least was making thing easier so I let them do their twin-telepathy or whatever. I stepped back to give them more space even though I had ho freakin' clue as to what he was saying.

"May eey bolthi hoon kyonki muche legtha hai ki thumko usko sunana chaheeye. Thumko kuch nuksan nahi hai." (5) Rahul told her in a grave tone, his eyes fixated on his sister's.

"Do you have any idea what he's telling her?" Aaron whispered to me.

"None whatsoever."

I replied as Ria started responding to her brother in her exotic tongue. She looked so sexy talking in her mother tongue half-dressed and suddenly, I understood why Aaron used to thicken his already Italian accent when he wanted to win over a chick. It was a huge f*cking turn-on.