Chapter three (rewritten!!)

Trigger warning: mentions of physical and sexual abuse. Reader discretion is advised.

•Margo•

The sound of the bedroom door.

"Please Marcus, no." I whispered.

His cold eyes.

The cold air.

My wet tears.

The dark room.

I knew exactly that this would come, like it had many nights before.

"Can't we just discuss my results."

His hands pushed me down, and I couldn't escape.

I couldn't breathe. I tried to scream, but like always, he placed a sock in my mouth to muffle the sounds of my cries.

I couldn't see anything, I couldn't hear anything, and the only thing I could feel was the cold air and my tears.

I lied there motionless because fighting would make it worse.

***

"Get up." He said. I felt numb, as always, so I stayed in place.

He stood up, and grabbed my wrist, and threw me too the ground, "I said Get up!"

I sat in a fetal position, facing the gray wall.

He put on all his clothing, except for one item. His belt.

"This is for your own good."he said as the leather attacked my back. I bit harder on the sock that was still in my mouth and tears came pouring out.

When he hit for the fifth time, he asked "What was your result?"

"Abnegation" I whispered towards the wall.

He heard him out his belt back on, and he said "Get out."

I felt to numb to move. I wanted to get out and run away. But i couldn't. I was frozen.

"Get out." He said my forcefully, but my body wouldn't listen.

So he picked me up and threw me outside the room.

Adelaide tried her best to pick me up, and took me to my room.

***

Adelaide rocked me back and forth, pressing a wet cloth to my head. I used to do this for my mother before she died.

"You have to leave." Addy whispered into my ear. "You need to get out." I shook my head "And you leave you behind with him?"

"'It's just two years.'" She quoted, "Remember, you told Toby that? It would only be a year, and you'll just have to wait two years for me."

Adelaide got up and grabbed my hand. She lead me to the bathroom, like I was a small child and we entered. She locked the door behind us, quietly. She grabbed our box that held our hidden trinkets. Inside was two necklaces our mother had given us, a decorated coffee mug with a broken handle, a whole maple leaf, and a pair of reading glasses.

We had started collecting things a while back, after Tobias left. "Addy," I say, as she lifts my necklace. It had a charm that was meant to look like a fire. It was beautiful.

I started at hand in her hand, and she says "To remember your roots." She grabs my hand, place a the necklace inside my palm, and closes my hand into a fist. "Just hide it in your pocket until you leave tomorrow."

"I can't."

"Don't say that." She lifted her own necklace, a beautiful pink rose.

"I don't know if I can Addy,"

"You will."

A/N: hey guys, sorry it's been a while since I posted, I've been very distracted lately.

I haven't stopped writing though, I've written a true story of a series of events called The Kiss List, and y'all should really go check that out.

All the experiences that happen to the main character Faviola are true, because they either happened to me or my friends. Y'all should really go check it out!