Chapter 39

A/N: Hey guys. So I made a mistake, and it's not the best one but it's not the worst. So I wanted to add a chapter that explained stuff but I was so hyped for the ending that I messed up and forgot about it. So I hope you enjoy this chapter, this is the REAL chapter 39 and the final chapter post of my story! Or don't, you know. Since nothing happy happens. \_(•_•)_/ I don't know.

-+~•~+-

Third Person P.O.V

By now, Zane could only faintly remember her features.

Her voice was a distant memory.

Her touch was a faded dream.

Her smile was a lost image.

She was just tucked away into a corner of his mind.

He remembered why he started doing what he did.

He remember that it was to bring her back. But after so long, he lost himself in what he did.

After watching so many people die by his hand, witnessing kingdoms crumble under his feet, seeing families being torn apart for his own gain...

He started to love it.

It wasn't a healthy love, and he knew his obsession would tear him into pieces in the end, but he just couldn't stop.

He knew he would get her back in the end, he knew that this would be over soon, but he figured that if this would end, he might as well enjoy it.

So that's what he did; he went from frowning when he stabbed to laughing. He stopped biting his lip when villages burned after he attacked them, and started to watch with a smile and fight in his eyes. There was no such thing as discomfort or pity when he murdered and slaughtered, just the never ending need for more. He needed more blood. He wanted to see an ocean of crimson red run around his ankles before he was satisfied.

When people asked why he did what he did, he would smile, and they would see the glee in his eyes.

Because I love it, he would say. And he was telling the truth, he had started to grow a fondness for watching the life leave people's eyes.

But he loved her more.

The child inside him was nothing, discarded from his soul. The innocence he once had was shaped into bloodlust, and his source of his happiness was now causing death and destruction.

But he remembered every face he ever effected. He remembered a good portion of their names too.

Derrick, Melissa, Harry, Lorena, Peter, Max, Felix, Maria, Aaron, Quintin, Heather, Hunter... the list could go on for ages.

Even though he didn't always remember the names, it was a guarantee that the faces would forever be in his mind. Because the good part of him refused to forget.

Zane had gone mad trying to do a good deed. After all, two wrongs make a right, right?

After everything, his dark side took over, but not completely. There was still good buried underneath it all.