Chapter Thirty Nine

Last chapter for the first book!
Hope you all enjoyed reading! :)

Chapter Thirty Nine

The scars...

The scars on my wrist aren't there anymore. Not a single mark or a single tear. My clothes don't have a single stain of blood.

Was I dreaming the whole thing?

"Meg,"

I stand up and twist and turn to look for the voice. It was distant but loud. It echoed in my ears and somehow it felt so close. I squint a little and little by little, a face came into view.

"How are you, princess?" I know that voice!

"Dad?" I open my eyes fully and can't believe what I'm seeing. He's right there! It's so clear! He's here! All of the sudden I feel like a child again. I feel like Im 14 in our yard talking to me dad. I ran up to him and hug really tight. Can you blame me?

Dad looks the same as he did when I last saw him. Built, tall, his copper hair and his bright blue eyes that I've inherited.

"Now what are you here for, love... You're not leaving so soon are you?" He asks, putting his hand in his pockets.

"I don't want to go back dad. Honestly, why do I have to?" I tell him,

"Well, you're young Meg. Things will change eventually."

"I wanted things to change since... I can't even remember anymore but it just doesn't happen. It's temporary..." I say.

"Ah, that's where you're wrong. If it's temporary, it's not change. Sometimes you have to look at the people around you, be inspired, be aware and be productive. You'll learn how to change with other people's help, not just your own." He says.

"You want me to drag someone in my problems?" I say.

"Not just anyone, Meg. Choose someone who you think can really change you...." He tells me.

"That's difficult. I don't really know a lot of people." I tell him. "My choices are minimal."

"Because you push them away. You have trust issues, love. It's getting in the way of your motivation to change." He says. "You don't know but there are actually people willing to help you out. You're just too afraid to let them in."

After his words, I fell silent. Maybe its true, what they say about me. I push people away before I give them a chance. I know what happened before was a lesson not to trust too many people, but maybe I over thought about things.

Maybe it was a lesson to be careful of who to trust.

"How's your sister? Emily? How is she?" He asks, clearly changing the subject. I chuckle at the thought of my little sister

"She's grown up. She's very smart too that its scary sometimes. I miss the baby Em who didnt even know how to count... I loved that Em. But I love the grown up Em even more. She finally understands what I'm talking about." I say.

"I knew Em would be a handful someday..." He chuckles. It's been so long that I've talked to my dad. I thought I'd never do it again but here I am, talking to him face to face.

"Yeah, I was a handful too wasnt I?" I ask him. He laughs and then looks at me.
"Your mum alright? She happy now?" He asks.

"Its hard to tell if she's happy or not. I cause her a lot of stress..." I tell him.