Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"You watch your tone young lady!" She shouts at me.

"I'm not moving in with them! And if you haven't come to realize his daughter is a total pain in the ass! She's a bitch mum and I hate her!" I yelled.

"For Christ sake, Megan! Holly is 17, you're 21! Stop acting as if you're younger than she is!"

"There's nothing wrong about me telling you how I feel about her! If you haven't realized she was sitting in my room a few days ago and talked to me as if she owned the place!"!

"Would you let it go?! She's just a kid and-"

"She fucking seventeen years old! She's not a kid, mum! If I live with her in her daddy's fancy home where she'll have control over me, no thank you. I'd rather live in a dumpster!"

I said and looking away. Holly isn't the reason. Well not exactly but because I grew up here. The memories are all here! Especially that of my fathers. I can always take the picture frames with me but its so different. I want to grow old in the home I grew up in as a child.

T"Would you listen to yourself, Megan?! You sound like a sixteen year old. We're moving the day after tomorrow and that's final!" I glare at her as she walked out the door.

I roll my eyes and pushed the thought of living with Holly in one house away and got ready to take my sister to her practice. Anything to get my mind of my mum would be very much appreciated. It take long for me to know Holly that shes a spoiled rotten teenager.
When I walk out my room I saw Em standing at the door. I walk fast to avoid my mum but the hallway seems longer.

I slowly push Em out of the house and head for the bus stop. Em looks up at me but doesn't say anything. Even I didnt make any effort to talk. I'm just really frustrated with my mother. By the time we get to the stop, Em kept staring up at me worriedly. I admit I might look like crap right now.

"Meg, why do you hate mum so much? She hasn't really done anything..."

Of course Em doesn't understand. She and mum aren't exactly best friends either but she's not as distant to mum as I am to her. I don't even know why I am but for some reason I have feeling she doesn't like who I turned out to be.

The bus tire screeched and hurt my ears. Em didnt really seem bothered by it that she ran inside and occupied the seat in the back like she always does. She always takes the window seat while I take the aisle seat. It wasn't long when we arrived in the stadium. When we walked in, Em made a run to the bathroom.

"Hey, Meg..." I turn around to see Louis in his usual attire during the kids' training. His sport jacket, football shorts and his spikes, of course. His hair is messy as it is but it looks perfect on him. The only thing different about him is his usual cool and chill way of walking is ruined with him limping.

"Your still limping. God I feel awful." I said wrapping my hands around my neck nervously.

He chuckles and leans on the wall.

"Nah... Well it didnt get worse like I hoped."

"Hoped?" I ask him.

"Could've gotten worse but it didnt so, yay!" He beams. I smile as a smile crossed his face too. "Well, I'd better go... I'll see you later." He said before making his way back to the field. Em came out and turned around. She saw him limping then she looked at me.

"Does he blame you for what you did?" She ask. I look down at her to see her smirk.

"You know its really mean of you to always make me feel bad." I said.

"So he didnt?" She asked ignoring what I just said. I rolled my eyes and pushed her out to the field. I sat in my usual place only to find it slightly different. Not that it matters but now there are at least 6 people there. Not parents, I think. They're younger and around my age I presume or even younger.

I sit at the awkwardly and watch the field. The whole time I dread that it might not end soon. The girls infront of me kept chattering. I heard Louis name mentioned and I certainly know they came here for him.
I ignore for the rest of the time as I get carried away at how Emily has gotten better even in just a few days. She may have gotten my dad's genes when it came to football after all. I grin when she kicked the ball pass the goalie.
I hear one of the girls giggle for more than the 5th time. It's getting too irritating.

Louis blows his whistle and calls it a day. He puts the balls in the bag while Em runs towards me. I hold out the face towel for her as I went down the bleachers. When I looked back I see them looking at me and whispered things to each other. I shake it off and went down on solid ground. Em ran in the bathroom to change her shirt. Louis was limping towards me with a Pained look on his face. It must hurt worse than he's telling me.

"D'you need help with that?" I ask him, referring to the bag filled with footballs.

"Could you handle it?" He asks with a smirk.

"I'd ask you the same thing." I said crossing my arms. He chuckled and nodded. "I got it." He said. I smirk and shook my head, taking the bag from him before he can refuse.

He tried getting it from me but I stopped him by grabbing his arm. I was surprised at how fast my reflexes are.

"Hey, big guy, let me help you." I said.

He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. I knock on the door telling Em that I'll meet her outside the stadium. I follow Louis into the stock room and put the bag on the top shelf. My eyes widen when it slipped. I wasn't able to catch it so it fell right on top of my head making me crash down on some nets. And maybe a few ball for softball hit me squarely on the top of my head

"Fuck." I cussed loudly rubbing my head.

"Meg!" I heard him scream but there was a hint of laughter in his voice. When I opened my eyes I saw him grinning at me.

"It's not funny!" I shouted only to find myself laughing as well.

"Sure it's not. Come here." He laughed holding his arm out to help me up. I stood up easily and chuckled.

"That should've ended well." I said to myself quietly and fixed myself.
We went out of the stock room but whole time he made of him and how hilarious I looked trying to stop the bag from falling. In the end karma hit him hard when he tripped on a step he didn't see, landing on his bad leg.

"That should teach you a lesson for exaggerating my bad luck." I said as I pull him up.

"It was fun while it lasted." He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He obviously couldn't walk! Well at least not now.

"Hey Meg," he said quietly, nervous even. "Some of my mates are coming over this Wednesday. They're planning on hanging out I was wondering if you wanted to come."

Judging by his personality, he seems like he has lots of friends. I picture his friends to be as youthful and as full of life as he is and I might not fit in with them even if I did go.

"That sounds great but I think I will not fit in?" I said nervously.

"What made you think that?" He asked.

"Cause I'm a wreck compared your bubbly spirit." I said sarcastically. He messes my hair up making shove him away. If there's anything I hate most in the world is having someone mess my hair up. I saw em making a face at me but I ignored her soon enough.

"You can send me a text if you change your mind." He said before going in his car.

Tuesday went by fast. Nothing much happened except I stayed home, in my room obviously since this wont be mine anymore by the next day. Mum volunteered to take Em to her training, surprisingly. Much to Em's dismay she had no choice but to go. I kept debating whether I should stay here or move in with them. Mum did mention the place is a 30 minute drive from here which means its further from the stadium, further from the train station, further from all my favourite places here, and further from Louis. The afternoon Rick paid me a visit and invited me to dinner but I quickly said no. I know he was only trying to reach out to me but I didnt want to see any of them now especially Holly. Later that night I came to my senses, finally, that I can't stay here. No matter how much I want to because only this afternoon I knew that the building will be demolished. I thought moving out would be the worst but this is definitely the most devastating thing ever.

Around midnight I finished packing all my things in 3 huge duffel bags. I don't really have much clothes except I've had since I was a teenager and some clothes I've brought back from my dorm. Other than that most of my clothes are in London.

Wednesday morning an SUV pulls over infront of the house. We were all seated on our sofa for the last time. Mum and Rick already started loading our things in the truck. I took one last look at the house I grew up in before going out and closing the door behind me.

Memories of a 3 year old me running down the step and falling on the grass replays in my head. My dad picked me up and treated the large wound I've got on my knee that day. I looked at the lawn and another version of me replayed in my head. A 12 year old me runs around kicking a filthy football in my tennis shoes. Dad walks up to me holding a paper bag. He pulls out a box and opens it revealing my very first football spikes.

I smile at the memory before it all disappears. "Come on Meg." Mum says and I quickly follow behind them. I sat in the back of the van and looked out the window.

I close my eyes and a memory flashes back again.

"When can I see you again dad?" I whimper.

I was already 14 that time. I knew very well that there will be a possibility I will never see him again but I shake the thought away.

"Soon, angel.. You work on your football skills alright? When I get home I wanna see you play in Wembley Stadium." He says with a bright smile plastered on his face.

I laughed and wiped my tears away with the back of my hand. "And promise me you'll always be there for Em. I have my trust in you, love"

"I promise" I said.

He smiled and pulled me into a hug making me break into sobs.

"Hey, don't cry... I'll see you soon before you know it." He says and kisses the top of my head.

"Edward, we gotta go." One of the other soldiers called him.

He turns back to me and flashes me a thumbs up. "Soon, okay?"

I nod and tried to smile. "That's my girl."

He kisses my mum for the last time and hugs Em for the last time as well. As he turns around to walk into the terminal, he turns back at us and smile waving his hands.

That was the last time I ever saw my dad in person.

When I opened my eyes I look down to see Em looking at me worriedly. I promised my dad I'll be here for her no matter what happens and I will. That's a promise I never want to break because I know Em's situation is worse. She was only 2 years old when she last saw dad in person.

I touch my cheeks to find it soaking wet. Em wrapped her arms around me making me tear up even more. I wrap my arms around and pressed my cheeks on top of her head.

I don't like this kind of pain. Losing someone and saying goodbye is horrible. Now that we're moving away from the place where all my memories of my father are there and have it completely broken into dust is like saying goodbye to him... All over again.