⊲|Chapter:48 'YOU ASKED FOR IT SLUTPHIA!'|⊳

Start from the beginning

"I do not agree for the marriage." It was simple and I wanted to be to the point to waste no time in telling them that I was not their puppet. Richard's shoulder relaxed while he leaned back on the sofa, unlike what I had expected. I thought he would shout at me, scold me, yell at me but he did nothing of that kind. Instead he smiled. A strangely fear-striking smile.

It was not a sincere, friendly, loving smile. It was a devilish smile, a smile that seemed more like a warning. "Who has even asked you?"

"Richard, it's my life and I get to choose who I get married with or who I date!" My voice rose noticeably as I pointed out.

"This isn't you speaking. It's your gold-digger boyfriend speaking. How dare you talk to me like that?!" Richard's voice rose more than mine and I shook off the feeling of flinching at his tone.

"How dare you guys decide things for me?" I cried out my eyes catching the hard ones of Victoria. "How would you have felt if you were forced to marry someone you barely knew?" Victoria's eyes hardened even more as she realized that the question was directed to her. Her eyes snapped to Richard with an unexplainable look in them.

Staring at Richard, she answered, "that was exactly what I had to face." My breathing hitched when I heard the very new news. I stared between both of them and I couldn't figure out what was up with either of them.

"But we fell in love soon. . ." Victoria said, her eyes tracing the patterns of the floor carpet. Dad scoffed at her which caused my hatred for him to multiply.

"But I already love someone! Please don't do this to me." My voice came out as a whisper but I was sure they heard it.

"Yeah, that son of a butcher," Richard scoffed once more after he said.

"Son of a chef, not butcher, Richard."

"Whoever the fucking hell he is, you can't love him. What I've decided is what you'll have to do. You're my daughter and I get to make decisions for you!"

"Where was this so called father all eighteen years of my life, Richard?" I stood up from my seat unable to control my anger for him anymore. "All those days you started to look like a Dad to me were fake! All you wanted in the end was to marry me to some of your business partner's son! And here I thought you might've started to like me!"

"Sophia, you're supposed to do whatever I say like an obedient daughter I thought you were. Don't make me try the hard way."

"I can not! I won't marry Lucas! Do whatever you can Richard!" I had no idea how I was able to talk to him like that but I was aware it had something to do with my fear of loosing Carter.

"Once in your life, you are able to be helpful to us, you unlucky bitch and yet you refuse to be. Once in lifetime you have a chance to make your shitty existence of some use and look at you!" Mom, who I thought had nothing to do with this thing stated, hatred lacing her words.

"Who taught you to object like that? Who taught you to be such a brat?!" She continued, making my eyes sting with tears. But I knew better than to release them out of my eyes. I knew it would make me look weak in their eyes which I wasn't. I had to be strong and fight. For me and Carter.

"If you were some nice parents there would've been no need for me to be a brat!" I snapped at her. "And no matter what, you both listen this straight: I am not going to marry Lucas. In any case." With that, I walked toward the door of the room knowing that this talk wasn't going no where.

"Why? So that you can keep on slut-ing around?" Richard's resentful tone reached my ears but I chose to ignore it. Now they'll see what actually a brat is! "You have no idea darling daughter, what I'm capable of." That sentence halted me on my steps just as I reached the sliding door. I gulped, blinking back the tears as I twisted my neck to look at them.