Chapter 9

"Don't talk, let me think it over."

-The Only Reason, 5 Seconds of Summer

Chapter 9

I refused to open my eyes, so I couldn't see what expression was currently on Harry's face, but judging by the stunned silence, it would've been a speechless one. I kept talking before he even got the chance to make a comment.

"Please don't say you're sorry, and don't ask me how it happened, or anything about it. All you need to know is that it was extremely traumatising. What was even worse, was that his goal was to join me, but I'm still here, and he's all alone, whenever he's ended up." I felt a tear escape my closed eyes; even in death, my eyes could still produce the representation of my pain as though I was still alive.

"Josie," Harry sighed softly, almost apologetically, and said nothing more. It took me a few minutes to finally open my eyes again and by this time, Harry was staring up at the ceiling, deep in thought.

"I'm sorry about that," I sniffed, wishing I had a handkerchief to wipe away my tears and runny nose, but had to resort to using the back of my hand, no matter how gross and disgusting it was. I truly had no other option.

"Don't apologise for expressing emotion, Josephine. You had all rights to cry," Harry comforted, leaning up on one elbow and giving me a sincere expression, showing he really meant it. I smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry." I covered my mouth and giggled, watching as his dimples popped into his cheeks as his teeth appeared in a grin. "Sorry!" I blurted again and this time, Harry laughed.

"Shhhh, Josie, let me sleep," he teased, wiggling his eyebrows then lying back down onto the bed with a content sigh. I was glad he said nothing more about William and dropped the topic, getting the message that it wasn't appropriate to mention anything else.

"Don't fall asleep now, you'll wake up too early tomorrow morning and your sleeping pattern will be ruined," I warned, but he just smiled up at the ceiling.

"Don't care," he muttered, and I took this as the end of the conversation.

Minutes later, he was snoring.

---

I turned out to be very right when Harry woke up at about three o'clock the next morning, in which I pestered him about it until he finally admitted that I was right and that he fell asleep too early and ruined his sleeping schedule. He went and had a bowl of cereal and upon his return, told me a million stories about different things he and the band had done in the past until the sun rose. I found everything he said fascinating and laughed more than I had in years, especially when he talked about the time he walked into the tour bus to see Niall with his backside stuck to a chair, Louis and Zayn laughing hysterically on the floor and Liam sitting on the couch and watching TV, ignoring the entire situation and treating it like normal behaviour.

Did things like that honestly happen?

Harry got up and had a shower at about nine o'clock and Louis was awake at ten. Harry had told me beforehand that they had yet another interview, and at twelve o'clock they were gone.

This happened on a regular basis for the next three days. They had multiple interviews and Harry had many things he needed to promote, such as going out wearing a certain brand or attending certain events. And every night, Harry would talk to me for hours, complaining about things, telling me what was on his mind, what he feared. It was probably exactly what he needed; someone to talk to that wasn't one one of his band members.

On the fourth day, we went to Niall's house for breakfast. Or, more literally, Harry ushered me to go along with them for me to watch them eat. And in the end, Harry ended up cooking.