Chapter 6

"And the tears stream down my face."

-Moments, One Direction

Chapter 6

"You sound British," was the first thing that came from my mouth after he had spoken. After I had said it, I felt a little silly. He specifically told me to ask him a question, and I had come out with a statement.

"That's not a question," he said, smiling at me. "But it's true. I am British. You sound British, too."

"That's because I am."

"Then why are you in New York City?"

"Why are you?" I shot back. He looked like he was about to say something else to me, but instead zipped his lips shut before answering.

"I dunno, I guess I just wanted a change of scenery," he said nonchalantly, but I could tell there was something else he wanted to say. I didn't ask about it, though. "Your turn," he added.

"I dunno, I guess I just wanted a change of scenery," I mimicked, making him laugh, in which I smiled in return. "It's true, though. I had been in London for about fifty years and was pretty bored with it, so I hopped on a boat and it ended up here," I added, hoping that if I gave him more details, he would perhaps give me some, too. Apparently, though, I was wrong.

"Next question," he said, staring back up at the ceiling, but soon his eyes closed. I knew he was getting tired now and wanted to sleep, so I tried not to make him think to much and asked him about something other than himself.

"Why doesn't Louis like carrots?" Harry smiled at this.

"It's a long story. Back when the boys and I were on the X Factor- a singing show, by the way- we had to do these things called video diaries and Louis mentioned in one of them that he liked girls who ate carrots, and I think he mentioned that he liked carrots in a few interviews. I can't remember exactly, but he regrets it every single day. It's hilarious; all the new fans think he has some sort of strange obsession with them, when in reality, he can't stand them anymore," he explained, chuckling slightly throughout it as he reminisced old times.

"That's...strange," I said awkwardly, wondering why he would say that he liked girls who ate carrots in the first place anyway.

"It is. I guess we were different back then. Louis was only eighteen at the time, and his hair was absolutely awful, so maybe he can be forgiven for it," he joked, making me giggle. "I'm tired now. Also, pretty sure I have an interview tomorrow at about two o'clock and would rather not have bags under my eyes. Goodnight, Josie," he said, closing his eyes for the final time tonight and yawning deeply before rolling over onto his side, the blanket slipping a bit to reveal his tanned back. I looked away.

"Goodnight, Harry," I mumbled, staring down at my fingertips. Within minutes, Harry was snoring, and I was left alone.

I sat for a couple of minutes watching Harry sleep, but soon I felt like I was breaching his privacy, so stood up and explored his room a little bit. My eyes had adjusted to the dark very quickly- a trait I had picked up over the years- so it was quite simple to see through the shadows. T-shirts and crinkled jeans were littered here and there over the floor, and a cluttered desk with some sort of computer sitting in the middle of it was pushed in the corner. The walls were a cream colour and the carpet was slightly darker, but the room was quite plain, despite it's large size. There was another dresser on the other side of the room, with lots of what looked to be awards sitting on top. I would've gone over and seen what they were all for, but knew I probably wouldn't understand, so decided to ask Harry in the morning. That was, if he kept me.