"Your thoughts betray you, Skywalker." Majka said, slowly walking towards him, "I can feel your worry, your pain, am I not the wife you wanted? I'm stronger now, join me and we will become the greatest force the world has ever known."

     "Never." Anakin said, "I will always want you, my love. But not like this."

      "Pity, perhaps the children would love to join us as well. If you won't be turned, surely they would." She said, and it was enough to agitate him to come out again.

    "You won't take our kids!" Anakin spoke, he swung his sword with his words, "They'll be amazing force-users, better than either of us. They'll live in a world where nobody restricts them, where they're allowed to feel, where they can grow, where they'll be able to do more good for this world than we ever did! They do not take the force, the force won't use them, our children will give this world balance!"

      Majka couldn't bear hearing it. The way she crumbled their world while trying to fix it for them. They were he saving grace and her demise. She went on the defensive against Anakin. He was getting upset, and that was her default. Anakin has always been stronger, but she's always been more skilled with a saber.

      This felt like sparring like old times. Neither of them trying to really wound the other, but still trying to best them through pure ambition and headstrong pride.

Anakin took the liberty of using the force to boost himself in a backflip up towards the platform the Emperor has been waiting for them on. Majka followed closely, seeming to almost float as she she slowly allowed their weapons to meet again. Anakin grunted, sweat dripped down his tan forehead and he looked almost annoyed.

"You feel a little rusty." Majka muttered, laughing a little through her mask and it was enough to make Anakin's eyes widened. He almost broke into tears.

That laugh. There had been nights where he laid in waiting just begging to hear that sound again. This one was real. It was genuine. It didn't matter that it was through her mask. He was right, she was here. (Y/N) was back. That was hers.

Anakin let his guard drop accidentally, giving enough time for Majka to reach with her left hand and flicked the saber from Anakin's hand. Before it dropped to the ground she forced it into her waiting palm.

"You're certainly not." Anakin grumbled, hoping you wouldn't get too cocky from the win.

"On your knees, Skywalker." She beckoned.

"You first, Skywalker." He said, bold as ever. His wife hooked her food under his knee cap and forced him to kneel.

"Excellent work, my child." Palpatine smiled. Standing up only to give a soft caress to his sweet apprentice. "What say you, Mr. Chosen One?"

"Bite me."

"You've disappointed me. If this is what you've chosen, then so be it." Lightening struck from the old mans fingers, "You shall die with the rebellion!"

The purple lightening. The colors erupted behind Majka's eyelids, sparking memory after memory. She saw the faces of that retched night in her head, the face that was on her Master Mace Windu now lies on her beloved. The one who never gave up on her. And the one who ruined her entire legacy and life.

"No!"

She was waking up....

"Stop it!"

It ends here you old hag.

***

I grab both mine and Anakin's lightsaber from my belt loop, as quickly as possible they ignite in a cross around Master's throat. Allowing him to feel the moment where the heat of the red and blue saber just barely grazes his skin before it's burned clean off.

The man who terrorized an entire galaxy, committed millions of war crimes, and took everything from me once stood tall in front of me. He's now but a rolling head on the floor. Just to be sure I sent my saber through his skull.

"Stay dead." I muttered. A groan came from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and it was like the first time again. I detach the mask from my face to feel oxygen flood my system again. The air tasted so crisp and pointed yet it still managed and choke me. Anakin was here. I remember everything. Immediately I fall to my knees and I can't find the strength in me to get up again.

        There's an odd nauseating feeling in my stomach, my arms and legs tingle as I'm not able to really feel them anymore or move a muscle. Exhaustion.

       "Anakin.." I croak out. He moves slowly up, his bones still being effected by the dark electricity.

"It's over, (Y/N)." He sighs, crawling to where I sat. For the first time my name doesn't sound like nails on a chalkboard. It sounds like the best music I've ever heard. Soon, his hand cover the side of my face, he takes no time at all to hurriedly kiss my lips. The kiss was deep, passionate, longing. His lips were exactly the way I remembered them, soft and plushy. I could feel his sweat rub against my nose but I didn't care. I couldn't breath but I didn't care.

        That nauseating feeling dissipated into what felt like butterflies in my stomach racing each other to break free. He let go only to breath and return. In between kisses he said: "I've waited so long..."

       He couldn't finish his sentence but I understood. There was so much we needed to talk about, so much explaining. So much rebuilding and atoning for the mistakes I made. But he was here.

We were together. That will never change.