Chapter eight

Chapter 8 J

*ALISSA GREEN*

“I want it in complete details.” I demanded from Tracie. She’s going to sleep at my place tonight.

After that embarrassing moment of my life, I have to know what on earth is happening. Why she was suddenly engaged to Shane Daniels? Aqua is now quietly sleeping. We were at the dining table with my mom and dad. They heard what happened and besides, Eric is still nowhere in sight.

“Tell us honey…we will listen.” Mom assured Tracie that we will be there for her.

She sniffed more and then calmed herself. “Our business is not that good these past two years… I didn’t know about that until last month when they told me about Shane Daniels and that I have to marry him.”

“What?! "That is absurd! It was like selling you.” I said.

Tracie let out some more tears. “I already told him that I wasn’t going to do it, that I didn’t even know him. He didn’t bug me off after that and I thought that he understood…but I was wrong.”

“Did you know that it was Shane from next door?” I asked.

She shook her head. “No I didn’t…It didn’t even cross my mind. I didn’t know that Mr. Daniels and Shane was the son of filthy rich man.”

“They’re rich?” Dad muttered.

“I only knew that it was him at the restaurant. And what bug me was…it looked like he didn’t care.” Tracie took some tissue and blew her nose. “But Mr. Daniels talked to me…” She looked at me. “He said that I can back off…but I thought of my mom and dad that if I back out what will happen to us?”

I sighed. “I’m sorry I didn’t know.”

“But how did you know about it?” Tracie asked.

I rolled my eyes remembering. “That jerk Shane sent me a note using Mr. Daniels’ name that I have to go there and to not show myself from you guys.” I said pouting.

Tracie chuckled a little. “And you thought that it was Mr. Daniels who’s going to get engaged with me?” I just rolled my eyes again. “But seriously, you were pretty brave out there.”

“And pretty stupid too.” Dad continued.

“If I had known about it earlier then I would have think about something else dad.”

“So what happened to Eric? He said he was going to your place last weekend but he never came back.” Mom asked with a worried face. Now all our eyes are on her waiting for her to answer.

“He-he said that would have to go away for a while. I told him that we have to break up because of what happened to us…I don’t know what else to do at that time… it hurts and I don’t want to do it but I have to set him free…but he didn’t take it he left. I thought he came back.” She said in between sniffs.

I hugged her. I feel so useless for not knowing what my friend and brother has been through…and thinks only of my problem with Caleb. Where are you Eric?

We went to sleep as we all know that we are going to have a long day waiting for us tomorrow.

^^^^^^^^^

I woke up first and prepared for my morning routine with Aqua. I woke up Tracie and we all went to the kitchen together. Mom and Dad were there and it was very obvious that they are still worried about Eric; he hasn’t called back to us yet. We had a meal and it was like the first meal I had after I told them that I was pregnant. It was still and full of anxiety, no one dared to talk aside from a meek smile from my parents.