It All Started With A Book: 2

"Looking for the book?"

Thalia found Nathan(that's the name she heard)casually leaning on the wall beside the door.

Thalia hissed exasperatedly. "Isn't­ it obvious? I'm standing here for a long time,waiting for you!"

Nathan just let out a snicker. Yes,snickere­d! "Then why stand if your butt needs rest?"

She was fuming. Real fuming. This arrogant boy standing in front of her riles her up. And she rarely get mad so that's saying something.

He stuck out a hand,revealing the book he is clutching. She immediately grab it and draw it onto her chest.

"It's lengthy so I estimated it will take five days for me, I mean, for us to finish. Given the....arrangement we had conceded with,"she explained.

Well,Nathan doesn't need to listen out to her explanation as it was evident. "Yeah I know. It does not take a genius to figure it out."

Thalia just rolled her eyes."I know you're making me look like a fool. Shoo! Drag your sodding butt and arrogance with you."

Nathan smirked as he turned his back. He look over his shoulders and said. "See you later, Ms.Easily Pissed Off."

Alright,she admit that nickname to be true! And that elicit a scowl from her which is not seen by Nathan who is already striding away from her.

It was the Wednesday of the week. Thalia is already halfway from finishing the novel. Yeah,it might be too fast but hey,she's a bookworm.

She pause for a while at Nathan's room just to hand the book to him. Rude as ever,Nathan snatch it from her,too abrupt. Thalia got used to it that it only gained an eye roll from her.

Mrs.Bush, their English teacher,announced that there will be a basketball game between their school and the school just nearby as she sat for her English class. The school needs support so the school population's presence is a must.

Thalia thought it wasn't worth of the time. It was like as if she would shout to the top of her lungs!

On the brighter side,at least,she have more time to finish Absalom,Absalom!

All she have to do is wait for the book to have it in her hands tomorrow.

》》》》》

The game is held at the Ashton Junior High's gym,which is their school gym. The lights are on and bright that it make Thalia's eyes squint.

Recovering from the blinding brightness,she steps upstairs towards the farthest back of the bleachers. From the view at the top,she witness the massive amount of students and the goers from the two schools. And it's quite overwhelming.

A few moments later,the noise of the audiences became deafening as the game starts. Thalia didn't pay attention to the game and return to the comfort of the book.

She was deep in her reading when someone sat to her side."Hey Thalia."

Craning her neck,she was surprised at the person beside her. Nathan didn't wear any glasses at all. And that's how she noticed that Nathan has blue eyes. A deep blue like the ocean.

Thalia seem to be lost in the depths of his blue orbs. Fortunately,Nat­han's oblivious about it. "Hey!"

Shaking out of her thoughts,Thalia asks."What happened to your specs? You're wearing them when you stop by my classroom."

"Well,the lenses got broken when Phillip accidentally sat on it. But it's okay. I got my other one at the house."

"Surprised you still find your way up here. With the blurry eyesight,I mean."

He chuckled. "Yeah. I am surprised too."

The two fell into silence and Thalia once again resume from reading. Nathan watch the game but not as attentive as the others.

That's how it goes until the game is close to finish. Even the people became boisterous as they hang on for every shot,Thalia seems to be unfazed by it.

She didn't realize the game was finished until she was tapped by Nathan on the shoulder. "Hey. It is finished. I'm gonna go."

Before Nathan could go,Thalia hold his hand tightly."Wait!"

Nathan seems to be shocked by it."What?"

"Uhmm,t-the b-book,"she stuttered.

"Why so early?"

"Just get it."

Nathan shrugs and offer a smile as his thanks.

And that smile,that one smile,made Thalia's insides melt.

The gym's emptied out as Thalia rises up from her seat. She was still thinking what push her to give the book earlier: his politeness or his handsomeness?
Thalia's thoughts are bugging her. She can't sleep well thinking about those ocean blue eyes and the last day she will be seeing that.

She wasn't even finished then she gave the book. She was an idiot. She was on her way to the last chapter and she'd just gave it away? Idiot.

Thalia's tears are rolling down her cheeks. She's crying. Crying about the book she frustratingly didn't finish and the eyes she saw for the first and the last time.

------------------------
A/N: And I am back in the game! I came back as sooner as I thought. Updating wouldn't be that often though. The important thing is I am back again!

Additional note: To the readers of The Days With You, I won't be updating the story for now. It just depends on my schedule.

Once again, hi!
~Shey