I frowned. What was it that Justin had said? That I'd have to choose between him, Death, Soul, and Ryuu? Geez! I didn't even have feelings for Ryuu! Did I? Soul and I are over and done, right? Death and I are currently in a relationship, and Justin's way out of my league! Black Star and I are mere acquaintances! No way would we get together!

Wasn't that all right?

"Nygus!" I called as she turned to leave. "I want to see them!"

She looked at me curiously. "'Them'?"

I nodded. "The boys. And Justin. Get them in here."

Nygus gaped at me. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

I smiled. "Of course! I've never been so sure in my life."

***

It wasn't long before Black Star, Soul, Death, Ryuu, and Justin in the ward.

Justin was standing in the corner, gazing at me as if I were crazy. Death standing on my left, holding my hand gingerly. Soul was standing on my right, a hand on my shoulder. Black Star was sanding in front of the bed. Ryuu was sitting on a chair beside Soul. Kid, Soul, and Black Star were explaining what all I'd missed while I was asleep.

"What about your stories? What happened for those three weeks!" Black Star demanded. Soul, Ryuu, and Death tensed, and even Justin glared at Black Star. I glared at my blankets.

I cleared my throat. "Nothing really. Just got tortured; that's all." Death's tension turned to anger, and Justin's eyes flashed in rage.

Black Star rolled his eyes. "Really? Nygus hasn't told us anything!"

There was plenty to tell. But how much of it could I repeat? "I-I guess that's b-because it-it's c-confidential...?" I suggested. He laughed curtly. "Sure! She just interrogated you! What'd she ask? And what'd you say?"

I averted my gaze. "Sh-she only a-asked w-what happened in th-the c-castle. I-I only t-told her w-what happened. I-I t-told her th-the tr-truth."

Justin stepped in, putting a hand on Black Star's shoulder. "That's enough, Black Star." He ground out. I gaped at him.

He really was on the list of "choosing" wasn't he? I wasn't so sure about Black Star, but Death definitely was. Soul has been getting closer to me, but Ryuu?

I found a small smile spreading across my lips. "What're you smiling about?" Ryuu asked. I shook my head and gave no reply.

"We really are glad you're back." Death said. I chuckled. "Yeah, I'm just glad I didn't die! I mean, I was supposed to, ya know!"

Death, Soul, Black Star, and Justin jumped away. Ryuu fell out of his chair. "What!" They all demanded.

I gaped. "What? Nygus didn't tell you?" They all shook their heads. "Yeah. I'm not sure when it was, but Zak and my dad... They, uh, tortured me a little too hard, I guess. I was dying, but then I remembered that I had somewhere to get back to, and a lot of people to see and say goodbye to before I died." I smiled. "Which is why I'm here right now."

Death paled significantly. "Wait! What?" He rasped. I smiled sadly. "Yeah. I know. I'm, uh, well, I'm dying, guys."

I guess I said it too casually.

"You're lying," Soul whispered in shock. "You're lying!" He shouted. I sighed. "No, unfortunately, I'm not." Ryuu stood up and paced. "No! It's not true!" Death screamed, taking a step towards me. Justin grabbing Death's shoulder roughly. "How long do you have?" Justin asked. He was upset, his voice was shaking, but he looked angry and determined. "A month or two?"