Callas placed her hand on the door handle, at a largo pace she turned the cold brass until the door slowly pushed into the room. It was dark. She placed her hand on the wall inside and flicked on the light switch, she squinted as she turned to look in the room. It was neater than she expected. Bluer as well. The curtains were dark blue, which blended in with the walls. Reed's bed was pushed underneath the window, that was facing the front of the house, his work duffle bag was left at the end of the bed on the floor. She walked in looking around. His desk, opposite his bed, was slightly messy, the corkboard, that hung above it, had pins pressed in with different snippets of paper, some articles, and photos. Reed's dresser, that was pressed against the wall of the door, had various photo frames, mostly filled with pictures of Callas and himself, some of their parents, and one of him and their parents at the hospital with their mum holding Callas. She placed the file down on the dresser, slowly picking up one of the photos. She hadn't seen over half of the photos Reed had hanging up.

"Please, come home," she whispered quietly, moving to sit down on his bed.

Zeus jumped up next to her, settling down when he saw her lay her head down on the pillow as well. Callas placed the photo frame on the side table by her head, laying on her back to stare up at the ceiling. She knew it was too early to go to bed, it was barely half past seven when Mr Blanchard had dropped her back home. What had felt unsettling was the fact that the Wight had been watching her, he had watched her fall from her bike and walk into her house. She sat up abruptly, turning her head to the door. Callas pushed her legs off the side, standing up, stumbling as she stood up too quickly. Zeus lifted his head up as Callas patted her leg, he got up and followed her, she turned the light off in his room and closed the door behind her, turning her attention to the stairs. She forgot to lock the door. She pointed towards her bedroom, Zeus walked in and she closed the door behind him, not wanting him to follow her down the stairs.

"Everything is going to be fine," she mumbled as she walked down the stairs, cursing when she realised that she didn't have anything to protect her.

When she stepped off the bottom step into the cold wooden floor she looked to the side door, it was wide open and swinging slightly, she looked around quickly, only seeing Reed's old metal baseball bat, next to the draws on the floor, from when he used to play for his college before he took online classes during their father's death. Gripping it tightly, she held it up, breathing in deeply as she made her way to the side door. Slowly, she tried to close it without making it creak or slam shut with the wind. Callas breathed out when the door closed silently, only letting out a small click when she turned the lock. Either that was a smart move or she just locked herself in the house with someone or something. She winced, closing her eyes tightly, cursing herself for what she was about to do next.

"Hello?" She called out before she covered her mouth and ducked behind the sofa as if it would protect her. It was stupid to think that anyone would respond. Until she heard it. The wooden floorboard creaked quietly as it came closer and closer to her.

There were footsteps walking around from where Silas and Anya's bedroom was, on the other side of the house, her heart began to pound and she could feel her pulse at the tips of her fingers, rather painfully. She regretted calling out until she heard a familiar voice call back to her, "Callas?"

"Embry?" She questioned as she stood up from behind the sofa.

He blinked, surprised to see her pop up, pointing to the sofa with a confused look on his face. "What are you—?"

"No!" She pointed the metal baseball bat at him, with a glare, while walking around the sofas.

He raised his hands up in the air. "What?"