---

In the evening, Zayn and Harry met up with the rest of the boys in Funky Buddha and joined at the lounge, as Liam and Niall went to get the drinks as they were on first round. When they came back down, Niall and Liam both abandoned their drinks and went back to each other’s mouths – snogging each other, quite literally. Louis groaned, feeling a little self-cautious and uncomfortable as he was sitting next to Liam, who had his back turned to him, his mouth down Niall’s throat. “All right there, Lou?” Zayn teased, Harry’s hand possessively clasped around his thigh.

"I feel like a loner at one of those damn house parties.” He mumbled in reply and Harry and Zayn burst out laughing. “You’ll find someone, Lou.” Harry smiled kindly and Louis pursed his lips. “It’s not me I’m worried about. It’s Lovey and Dovey over here. I’m not kidding, I swear they’re gonna get a room soon.” Louis spoke with disgust. Liam had heard him as he was sitting right next to him and stuck his middle finger up at Louis without breaking eye-contact with Niall. Harry and Zayn sniggered behind their hands, erupting into a giggling fit.

“That’s it, I’m switching.” Louis groaned and swapped seats so that he was sitting next to Harry and Zayn, his back to Liam now. “Where is this new friend of yours, anyway?” Louis asked Zayn, desperate to change the subject. “He should be here…ah! There he is.” Zayn spoke cheerfully when Josh appeared by their sides, looking breathless. “Sorry I’m late guys, got stuck in rush hour traffic. You know what London’s like.” Josh spoke gruffly, running a hand through his hair as he sat opposite Zayn.

“It’s cool.” Zayn smiled and Josh smiled back, before cringing at Liam and Niall. Liam suddenly pulled away, taking Niall’s hand and leading him into the mens loos. “Oh, gross.” Louis moaned and Zayn and Harry smirked. “How drunk are they?” Louis emphasised and Zayn shrugged lazily. “Well, they came here a little bit before us. Judging by that, and the amount of drinks they’ve had now, I’d say pretty drunk.” Harry spoke and Louis wrinkled his nose. “You gotta admit though, Lou. You want that with someone.” Harry whispered and Louis sighed.

“Yes, but with a girl. And less dirty.” He added stubboringly and the pair laughed again. “Josh, come up with me and I’ll get you a drink.” Zayn suggested and Harry frowned, pulling at Zayn’s hand. “Harry, it’s just a drink.” Zayn assured him and Harry sighed, giving in. Josh followed Zayn up to the bar and they both sat down while they waited.

“Your boyfriend is a little jealous.” Josh spoke, matter-of-factedly. “Yeah, don’t take it personally. He’s like that with everybody.” Zayn sighed and Josh smiled a little. “How about we start over? As friends. Just to put his mind at ease.” Josh offered and Zayn nodded in agreement. “Hi, I’m Josh, it’s a pleasure to meet to you.” Josh playfully introduced and Zayn laughed. “I’m Zayn. Nice to meet you to.” Zayn replied, shaking his hand, knowing that Harry was watching them at the corner of his eye and Harry’s face instantly became relaxed as he turned round and talked to Louis again.

"So, uh, any guys here suit your fancy?” Zayn teased, wiggling his eyebrows and Josh laughed that boy-ish laugh again, his cheeks going pink. Josh scanned the crowd, his eyes drifting over all the males who were practically drooling at him, yet he didn’t even know. “How about that one there?” Josh asked innocently as if he was a puppy through a dog store. Zayns eyes followed Josh’s finger, to a tall, dark-haired and handsome lad by the pool tables.

“You don’t need my permission, he’s all yours.” Zayn assured him and Josh grinned, thumping Zayn on the back and heading over to introduce himself to the guy.

Zayn sighed happily, walking back to the bar with his drink – Josh had grabbed his before he left – and joined Harry and Louis. “I don’t know about you, but Zayn looks beautiful tonight, doesn’t he? As always.” Harry beamed to Louis as Zayn sat down. Zayn rolled his eyes at Harry’s weak attempt of flirting. He was always bad at it. “Flattery won’t get you anywhere, babe.” Zayn warned and Harry frowned. “It’s not flattery if it’s the truth.” Harry replied smartly and Zayn blushed, looking down. They both fell silent and Louis and Zayn exchanged knowing glances.

They both knew that the only reason why Harry had been complimenting Zayn was because he felt guilty of what he had put him the through. He felt guilty of how much hurt he had put his boyfriend through, and Zayn’s words really sunk him and stung him. But that was okay. It was baby steps for Zayn and Harry now. They were getting there. No more fighting. Slowly, but surely.

___________________________

Hello guys, another update! Thank you for these amazeballs comments! I appreciate every single one of them! Of course, I wasn't really going to down the "Jayn" road, I just wanted to see how many people shipped them together and I was surprised that there was a fair few. But yeah, no Jayn guys. Sorry. It's a Zarry story after all. But let me know what you think! I can't wait! COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!