Chapter 19.

Zayn

I glanced worriedly at my mother, then back to Harry. Harry was breathing heavily behind me, his face scrunched up in anger. I wanted to go over and sooth him, but I was completely transfixed. My other edged closer into the flat and every time she did, I became more tense. "Zayn." she spoke quietly and she cringed, glancing around the mess of the room, stepping over some broken glass.

"I didn't do this." she said I couldn't help scoffing, looking up at her. That was just typical. Why lie, when it was pointless? I fucking new it was her! "It was your father." she sighed and I froze. "What?" I asked, puzzled. "Zayn, I came to warn you. Your father's looking for you. He's...paranoid, if you like." she shrugged and I frowned, staring at her. "Paranoid?" I repeated and she nodded, walking eagerly toward me. Harry suddenly moved, grabbing my wrist and standing in front of me. She stopped dead, her eyes wide. She'd probably never seen someone move so fast to protect me before.

"He was wanting to know if you were still sleeping with any...men. So he came here, looking for details. Phone numbers, even addresses of them. That's why the place is such mess." she explained, shaking her head in disbelief. "So why didn't you stop him? Why didn't you go to the police?" I asked smartly and she rolled her eyes. "As if the police will listen." she scoffed, moving around to the living room. She lifted up a magazine, holding it in her hands. "But I can see...that's not a problem anymore?" she suggested, nodding toward Harry. I looked at her, confused. "I mean, y-you're not still sleeping with men, are you?" she asked, biting her lip as she set the magazine back down on the coffee table. "I don't see how that's any of your business, even if I was." I snarled back angrily and Harry squeezed my hand beside me. "Babe." he mumbled in my hear, sending shivers down my spine. Why was he warning me off? This had nothing to do with him! I can fight my own battles...sort of.

"So you're...sleeping with him?" she gasped, her eyes on Harry. "No. He's my boyfriend." I spoke proudly and she frowned, sighing deeply. "This was what I was afraid of." she muttered, loud enough for us to hear. "What's that suppose to mean?" I retorted back. "Zayn...boyfriend or no boyfriend, your father still won't be happy. You know how homophobic he is." she explained and I bit my lip, unsure of what to say. "Can't you stall him? Can't you say I'm happy?" I asked desperately and she smiled weakly, shaking her head. "Even if I did, it wouldn't work. He'd want to see for himself." she replied and I groaned.

"Wait a minute, why are you suddenly the good guy? You were just as bad as him, last time I remembered." I said coyly and she winced. "When you left, it hit me. It made me realize how wrong I was, how disrespectful I had been. You're my only son Zayn, I didn't want to loose you. Your father caught me off guard." she said sadly and I sighed. "You had a funny way of showing it." I retorted and her eyes began to water. I decided to change the subject. "How did dad even find me?"

"He got in touch with your old college mate, it sent him to Ste. Ste didn't know who your dad was, so he gave him the address. By accident, of course." she mumbled, defending Ste. Harry's other hand bawled into a fist by his side. I knew how much he hated Ste and this just crossed the line. I'd have to speak to Ste about that. He probably knew now and felt incredibly guilty about it all.

"I'd better go. I just came to warn you about your dad, you didn't hear any of it from me. Be safe." she added, her eyes locking with me. She reached out to kiss me on the cheek but Harry pulled me back behind him, causing me to grunt. My mum smiled weakly before walking off, not saying another word. When the door shut, I turned to Harry. "What do we do?" I whispered and he smiled. "We do what she told you to do. Be safe." he answered simply and I frowned when he slipped out his phone, dialing a number before pressing it to his ear. "What do you mean-"

He pressed two fingers to my lips, causing me to be silent as he spoke on the phone. I watched him speak, urgently and angrily to the person on the other side of him line as he paced about the room. When he had finally finished, he sighed, looking up at me. "What happened?" I asked, confused. "I tried to get someone to change the lock on the door for you but they said the earliest they could come was Friday afternoon, tomorrow. I asked them if they could make an exception, giving the circumstances, but no..." Harry trailed off, looking lost and defeated as he bit his lip. It was always odd for me seeing Harry at his most vulnerable, I don't think I'd ever get used to it.

"You can stay at mine, it's safest..." he sighed, moving toward me. "Harry, I don't want to cause trouble-" I started to protest but he interrupted me. "I'd rather you caused trouble than have your dad beat you up." he spat, looking angrily at me as he grabbed my wrist. I flinched, my lips parted. "Why don't you stay here? That way I'm still safe and we'll know if anything else happens." I compromised and he thought for a bit, biting his lip. "All right." he finally sighed, defeated and letting me go.

Harry

Zayn was struggling to find a comfortable position in bed- either that, or he was having difficulty trying to sleep. His eyes kept peering open to see if I was still there. "Zayn, go to sleep." I ordered, getting a little impatient. "I would if I could." he replied quietely, finally resting on his side. Sighing deeply, I pulled him to me, edging closer to him. He buried his head in my chest as I wrapped my hand around his, my thumb making gentle soothing motions back and forth across his hands until he finally went to sleep.

---

I woke up to the sound of shuffling around in the bedroom, and the smell of smoke. With my heart beating, I opened my eyes to find Zayn sleeping peacefully next to me but that wasn't what was bothering me. A large hand had leaned down to stroke the side of Zayn's face and when I looked up to see who it was, I swore loudy and pushed Zayn to the side so that he was away from the large man, who was Zayn's dad. I remember Zayn showing me a picture of him before.

Zayn yelped in fright when he realized what had happened and a fearful look flashed across his face when his dad took a cigarette to his lips again, exhaling deeply. "So you are still sleeping with men." he sneered, smirking at me. The light was already switched on, and Zayn's dad was twice the size of both of us. "N-no. Harry's not-"

"Oh, so it has a name, does it?" he interrupted, glaring at me. I glared back, my jaw clenching. His eyes went back to Zayn. "You little runt. I ordered you not to sleep with men again- you disobeyed me!" he yelled, grabbing Zayn's arm like they were about to fall out his sockets and slammed Zayn against the wall. I watched with sheer horror as Zayn looked frightened, staring fearfully into his fathers eyes. "You had no control on my life after I left- ow," Zayn let out a loud cry of pain his father got his cigarette and pressed the burning end on Zayn's skin on his neck, next to the hickey I had given him.

"No!" I watched as Zayn crumpled to the floor in pain, anger boiling up inside. When his father lifted Zayn up and threw him against the wardrobe in a violent fashion, I charged at him and threw myself at him, punching him right in the jaw. It caught him off guard and he stumbled backwards. I took this as an advantage and used full forece on my next aim; to his stomach. It caused the wind to leave his lungs, having him gasping for air. "Harry," Zayn warmed weakly behind me. I didn't listen to him.

I kicked hard in his stomach again, into his abdomen and punched at his jaw until he lay on the ground. "Don't. Touch. My. Boyfriend. Again." I repeated my words until he was barely able to stand up. "STOP!" My head up to the sound of the voice and saw Zayn's mother standing in the door way, her eyes fearful. Zayn's dad began standing up, limping toward me. "Yaser, if you put one hand on that boy or Zayn, I am divorcing you and calling the police." she spat at her husband. Worry and panic flashed across his eyes and he looked at a wounded Zayn, before back at me. "You haven't heard the end of this." Yaser hissed, but his threat was weak, blood spluttering from his split lip as he limped past me and through the door. The room was silent, apart from Zayn's panicked and hard breathing. "I did this for Zayn." she said clearly, looking directly at me. "I know." I nodded. She gave one quick nod before she swiftly left the room, following after her husband.

I stared after her, my body shaking with fear with what had just happened. "Harry," Zayn croaked from the other end of the room, whimpering in pain. He shakily removed his hands from his stomach as he lay on the floor, shivering. "What hurts?" I whispered, but he only whimpered in reply. Bending down and biting my lip, I lifted up his top and gulped. His stomach and side was already swollen with bruises, blood here and there. "Harry." Zayn repeated, this time desperate. I looked into his eyes, giving him a sad look. Without uttering a word to him, I gently lifted him up in my arms and carried him out to the sofa.

_____________

Hey, guys! Promised you I'd update this weekend...sorry for the cliffy before! Hope you like it. Not to sure about this chapter as it's completely different from Dark, completely made up of course. But let me so these amazing comments all the same! I love you all xx