"Thank you sire I think she will appreciate it also. I know it was a shock when I heard you and not a more familiar voice, sorry sire I don't mean to insult." Zan apologized

"It's fine considering the shock of suddenly being alive again." Derrick told him.

Shelby appeared, "Sorry to interrupt but it is Rear Admiral Hartwell." She advised Derrick.

"Open the channel let's see him and let him see my eyes again." Derrick told her.

"Channel open, all adjustments made Derrick." Shelby replied.

"I say again to the emperor, we have retrieved the president and his ship. Please advise as to action to take." Derrick heard Hartwell's voice.

"Hello again Rear Admiral, I am glad you called. Under imperial law and mandates he would normally stand trial but as you have read, as I know you have brushed up on imperial law. The attempted assassination of the emperor carries an immediate death sentence which I am sorry to say I have been lax in carrying out. Please advise your high command and your command that I will make an appearance on the imperial world to carry out said execution in two days. Until such time, could the Rangers please imprison him? At the moment I am on the other side of the galaxy."

"Thank you sire for clearing that up. Now as to the crew of the ship and his assistant?" Hartwell asked.

"Truth scan them all; if they didn't know about the missile let them go, but they are to be grounded a year. As for the assistant I am sure there is more than meets the eye with that one, hold him for now." Derrick said.

"Thank you sire," Hartwell said with a wink, "I'll let you know as soon as I receive word from both."

Derrick laughed, so little Joey had impressed them it seemed good, though they might not be as pleased if they knew that Little Joey and the emperor were good friends. Then again they just might be terrified. Derrick tried to sit up and suddenly realized that he was indeed weaker than he'd at first thought.

"Derrick!" Shelby shouted as Derrick nearly fell to the floor. "You could at least wait for me to be there to catch you when you hit the floor!" she said as she chuckled.

Derrick's head snapped up damn! That was sarcasm! Chuckling to himself a moment, he felt better that meant that her circuits were closer to being free than he at first thought.

"So you're turning into a smart ass now huh?" Derrick said as Shelby began to giggle.

"I thought you liked me like this," she said slyly. Man Derrick thought I think I created a monster, but a monster I wouldn't give anything for.

"Shelby, the explosives that are attached to the brain box we are at present trying to restore. Query, I know that the boxes are supposed to be indestructible, but at present can the force of the explosives harm the case in any way?"

"Scanning now; it appears that the case is in fact totally intact. Though the charges are attached to the exterior, I am not reading enough force to damage the box, though I am afraid it would be sufficient to devastate a ship from the inside." Shelby told him.

Derrick nodded taking a few more readings, "Is it possible to use IMT to place my enhancers in the correct positions?"

"At present it would prove to be difficult to place them in precise position, given the present movement. Plus without precise coordinates it might prove to be an unsound risk." Shelby reported. Derrick sat back a few more minutes to allow his head to clear.

There had to be a way to position them without blowing himself or a ship to pieces. "How long..."

"I would say that she should be aware in a few hours, her case was untouched and her energy is still at full." Shelby advised Derrick.