Chapter 4: Nice guys sick day

(Y/n) walked into the schools courtyard, but what seemed different today was that everyone seemed to be in a state of panic. Not to mention, to (Y/n)'s concern, there wasn't any screaming fangirls. Not that she was worried about the playboy, but because what happens to him can come back to bite her in the ass.

The young girl walked into the shoe locker room and began to exchange her brown loafers, but quickly paid attention to a nearby conversation of a group of third year students.

"Yeah Ryuu-san called in sick today."

"Oh? Why?"

"He said he was walking in the storm and eventually got a bad fever from the walk."

"What!? What was he doing out at 7'o clock in the evening? Usually he's home by then!"

"Hell if I know. He said he was coming home from a friends house."

And the rumors begin.

Not even twenty minutes into class had the young (hair colored) girl been questioned about Ryuu.

'is it true you stood Ryuu up on a date?!'

'Don't lie to us! We saw you and Ryuu leaving the school together!'

'How could you be so cruel to a nice person?'

and so on and so forth.

(Y/n) sighed as she plugged in her headphones and ignored the incoming questions from the students.

-

The lunch bell rang and (Y/n) rushed up to the roof before she plopped down on the floor as she seethed with anger, "You would not believe what happened."

Kyoko batted her eyelashes as she gave small giggle, "I heard you stood him up on that date."

"That never happened! No! What the fuck?!"

Rin flashed her eyes at the two as she sucked on the straw connecting to her orange juice, "So you didn't stand him up on that date?"

The (hair colored) girl growled, "No. He was helping me with my science and we eventually went to my house. After setting the schedule for the studying I kicked him out."

The two girls looked at their friend as if waiting for her to finish the story.

"....In the storm."

"Ah so it is your fault that Ryuu is dead." a new voice came from behind them causing the three to turn their heads towards the voice.

"Anyone tell you it's not nice to eavesdrop?" Rin growled.

The said male with blonde messing hair and brown eyes smiled at them, "My names Abe Hiroshi, but call me by my last name, Abe."

(Y/n) eyed the suspicious male, "Don't I know you from somewhere?"

Abe smiled a cheeky smile, "Yes. I'm Ryuu's friend, best friend actually."

'Then he must be the one who started who bet thing.' (y/n) thought as she glared at the boy who joined their little huddle.

"(Y/n) I think you should go apologize to Ryuu-sama." Kyoko said as she glared at her friend, "You made him walk home and now he's sick. It's the least you can do."

"No. I don't even know where he lives-"

"Abe-senpai does! He said it himself, he's his best friend!"

Abe's eyes widened, "B-But..." his brown chocolate brown eyes looked at Chi's own, "I can show you where he lives..."

And with that Abe stood up and slouched his way over to the roof door.