Chapter 7

"Will you give us a chance to live, you fuckers?! Let us in a boat!" Georgi yelled, Christophe standing behind him. He could only hope that his girlfriend and their baby had gotten on a boat in time after he lost them in the crowd. "Get back, I say, get back!" The man yelled Georgi glaring at him and cursing. A man tried to jump forward to get onto the boat, knocking Georgi forward. Thinking he was charging him, he shot and hit Georgi straight in the chest, Chris hurrying to his knees to try and save him. "Georgi, Georgi?" He asked, looking up at the man angrily when he realised that the raven haired man was already gone. "Schweinehund!" He cursed. The man who had shot him looked in awe at the dead man, unable to believe he had done such a thing. Without a second thought,  the man turned the gun on himself and shot himself, pistol falling into the ocean along with his body. With shaking hands, Christophe undid the ties on the others life jacket, him pulling it off of him. "Good luck to you, my friend..." He said, voice hardly above a whisper, as he put the jacket on and went to help others, cutting the ropes to a boat. He held the knife tightly, cutting the rope to free the boat. The boat was able to get out, Chris looking up as he heard a loud creak, one of the large iron chimneys falling. He screamed and held his hands up to protect himself before it fell directly on him. Blood came out from under the chimney as it began to sink. 

     "Come on Yuuri!" Viktor said as he held the younger mans hand tightly so he didn't lose him, hurrying them through the crowded halls. Yuuri held his hand, trying not to let go or slip. God forbid he lose Viktor now, after everything. They hurried to the back of the ship, Viktor holding onto the railoing and pinning Yuuri against it so he wouldn't slip either. "Hold on, hold on." He said, Yuuri nodded and looking to his right to see a young woman holding her young son against her bosom. "It's all be over soon..." He looked to his left, seeing a familiar terrified brunette man clinging to the rails. Yuuri looked around before smiling sadly. "Viktor... This is where we first met." He said with a small pathetic laugh, Viktor looking sadly at him before hugging him closer, kissing his forehead and holding him tighter. The ship began to tilt upwards even more than it had before, Viktor looking around worriedly. The lights suddenly went out, the middle of the ship beginning to crack in half. The half they were on fell back down in the ocean before tilting again, starting to be pulled completely upwards. "Climb over the railing, come on." Viktor helped Yuuri over the railing before climbing over himself, him still holding tightly to him. Yuuri looked to his side, meeting the eyes of the brunette man once more before his fingers slipped and he dropped, hitting into a hard piece of metal before falling in the ocean, already dead. They began to sink down. Viktor holding onto Yuuri tightly. "Hold on until we get into the water, take a deep breath when we go under. Do not let go of my hand." He said, Yuuri nodding. They began to sink closer and closer until they finally got to the water, Yuuri and Viktor taking a deep breath as they sunk down, the ship trying to pull them down. Yuuri and Viktor both kicked their legs until they reached the surface, fingers still tightly clasped together. 

     They soon reached a backboard to a bed, Viktor helping Yuuri on, though he nearly capsized the whole thing when he tried to get on. "You and me will sink it down, you stay there." Yuuri was too cold and tired to argue. Viktor moved in front of the boat, tightly holding his hands and pressing them against his lips. "I love you, Viktor..." Yuuri whispered softly, Viktor shaking his head. "D-Don't you do that, Yuuri, don't say your g-goodbyes. You'll be okay..." "And you? It's s-so cold, I can't f-feel my body..." "I know. I-I'm glad I won that ticket, Y-Yuuri... It's the best thing that ever h-happened to me.... I got to meet you... Promise me y-you'll survive..." He kissed his hands again, Yuuri smiling softly and pressing closer to press a kiss to his lips again. "I promise..." Their breathing began to quicken, panting with how cold the water was. 

     "Careful with your oars, men, don't hit them..."  A crew man said, leading the boat that was going back near the ship to check and see if anyone was still alive for them to take back. He grimaced upon seeing a blonde woman with curls and her baby, frozen and dead in the water. "We waited too late... We waited too late to come back!" He said. "Keep checking them!"

     Yuuri stared blankly up at the sky, singing quietly to himself to keep himself alert for just a while longer. He looked over when he heard calling, seeing the boat going through the sea of dead people, calling out to any alive. Yuuri turned and looked to Viktor, shaking his hands gently. "Viktor..." He said with a quivering voice. "Viktor... There's a boat, Viktor..." Yuuri shook his hands a little harder, seeing that Viktor wasn't paying attention at all. No... No, he couldn't have... "Viktor... Viktor!" He said, shaking his hands. "Wake up, Viktor, wake up!" He forced out, feeling hot tears streaming down his cheeks. He let out a sob, holding his hands tightly and sobbing into his passed lover. "No... No, I love you..." He whispered, sobbing harder. He quivered and laid down, letting himself go still. He couldn't live without him, he needed him. But, despite that, he knew that Viktor wouldn't have wanted that. He would have wanted him to live on. So he would, he would live and tell the story of Viktor. He slid off of the backboard and helped Viktor up so he wouldn't have to have the watery grave all of the others did. Yuuri leaned down and took a drink of the saltwater just to clear his throat before he yelled. "Come back!" He cried out. "Come back!" The boat turned around and came to him, helping him into the boat by pulling him up by his green jacket. "What about him?" "He's... dead.." Yuuri sobbed. The man looked before gesturing to his men. "If you lived this long, maybe he could." They pulled him up and listened to his chest. "There's a heartbeat..." Yuuri's eyes widened and he quickly opened his arms, grabbing Viktor and pulling him into the warm blankets he was given. He curled against him and rubbed his arms to keep him warm, leaning close against him, his head against his chest so that he could listen to his heart beating, even if just faintly. 

     They waited for hours before the RMS Carpathia came and took them onto the boat. Even as Viktor was taken to the ships doctor, Yuuri didn't leave his side at all. Unfortunately, Viktor had frostbite and had to have his right leg and a finger on his right hand amputated to save his life, but it was worth it. A few days later, Viktor began to awake, Yuuri jumping to attention. "Viktor!" Yuuri said, Viktor glancing at him with a weak smile. "Am I in heaven...?" "No, you aren't, but you lived, you really did..." He smiled softly, cupping his cheek and kissing him lovingly. "Wow..." Viktor looked down, looking in awe as he saw his hand and leg. "What happened...?" "You were going to die of frostbite if they didn't amputate your finger and your leg... You're alive, though, that's all that matters." Viktor nodded and groaned as he leaned up, kissing him lovingly. 

     It took a few more days to get to New York, Viktor in a wooden wheelchair as they headed into the streets in the rain, Yuuri's green ladies coat getting wet. A man came to them with a clipboard, pressing the tip of his pen against the paper. "What are your names, sir?" "Viktor Nikiforov." Viktor said, Yuuri standing quiet for a moment before saying, "Yuuri Nikiforov." The man wrote that and left, Viktor looking incredulously at the younger man. "I-I know it's not a ring or anything, but-" His sentence was interrupted by Viktor pulling him down and kissing him lovingly. Yuuri smiled and began to push the wheelchair, his arm hitting against his side and feeling something in his jacket. He paused and pulled out what what in his pocket, eyes wide when he saw it. His beautiful big blue ring. "This must have been JJ's jacket..." He murmured. "We should sell it. We can buy our own apartment with that." Yuuri said. "Are you sure?" Viktor asked, him nodding. "Alright, let's go, love."

The End!