Chapter 1

Viktor Nikiforov watched apprehensively as Michele Crispino and Emil Nekola, two men he had met in a bar in Southampton and began to gamble with, shuffled their cards, Michele glaring at Emil. "1. È fottuto idiota, si scommette i nostri biglietti dannati Dio." He grumbled, Emil smiling sheepishly at the angry Italian man. "2. Jejda." "Viktor, we bet the last of our money." Viktor's friend, Christophe Giacometti, said worriedly. "Ah, my friend," Viktor grinned, him wrapping his arm around his shoulder, pulling him close. "When you have nothing, you have nothing to lose." He winked. "That's absolutely not true." Chris said, pursing his lips a bit. He had learned long ago not to question his friend, but if he lost, they would both be going hungry that night. They all got their cards together, Viktor letting a breath out. "Alright, moment of truth. Chris, what do you have?" He stared straight into his eyes and laid his cards down, having a completely useless hand. "3. Nichts?" "Nichts." Chris grumbled, looking quite displeased at the ever enthusiastic Viktor. "Emil?" Emil laid down another useless hand, though Michele smirked and laid down his cards; two pair, a rather high hand. Viktor's face seemed to fall a bit, him looking to Chris and shaking his head. "I'm sorry Chris." "4. Was 'sorry', verdammte Schweinehund- You bet all our money-" "I'm sorry!" Viktor interrupted, a grin splitting his face. "You're not going to see your mother again for a long time. Cause we're going to America- Full house, boys!" He slammed his cards down, the winning hand being shown to the Italian and Czech men across from them. Christophe's eyes widened and he grinned, picking up the tickets and happily celebrating. Michele looked completely perplexed at them for a moment before, standing and grabbing Viktor's collar, holding his fist back to punch him. He cursed under his breath and glared at him before moving and punching Emil, making him fall from his chair, the whole bar going up in a happy uproar seeing Michele jump on him. Viktor grinned and grabbed the money, stuffing his pockets with the coins and bills. "Viktor, we're going to America!" Christophe grinned, hugging his friend, absolutely giddy at the opportunity to go to America. "Nah, mate. Titanic is going to America. In five minutes." They looked up at the clock, it reading 11:55 when the departure for the Titanic was at noon. As Michele still yelled and Emil grinned and tried to calm him, they scooped the rest of their money off of the table and grabbed their rucksacks and dashed for the ship that was going to be departing in only five more minutes.

     Yuuri Katsuki stepped out of the buggy him and his fiancee and him and ridden to the port in, him stepping out and helping his mother out first before helping out his fiancee, Jean Jacqueline Leroy, daughter of a wealthy businessman. Their marriage wasn't for love, which was quite obvious, it was for money. Yuuri, by no means, was a gold digger, but it was what he had to do to keep his family afloat. After his father had passed away, their frivolous lifestyle in Japan soon grew too expensive for them. Not wanting his dear mother to end up in a seamstress factory, Yuuri began looking for fiancee's, finding one in a rich mans daughter. It wasn't like Yuuri would have grown to love her after years passed anyways, his tastes were never for women. He liked someone once when he was younger, but she was like a sister to him; And before he knew it, she went and got married and had three children her first time. She already had a family, so the one female he would consider marrying was already taken. Yuuri settled for the boisterous young woman most referred to as 'JJ'. She, by no means, was a bad person, she was just very much not what Yuuri wanted. Not even her personality. She was big and brass and loud, while Yuuri was quite and subtle and shy. It was difficult to be with her for long without getting overwhelmed. Yuuri shielded his eyes with his hand, looking up at the ship and commenting, "I don't get what all the fuss is about. It doesn't look any bigger than the Mauritania." JJ laughed and grinned at him. "You're so blasé, Yuuri! This is much bigger and better than the Mauritania!" Yuuri smiled weakly. "Ha ha, right..." He sighed and offered his elbow as they headed into the ship, walking up the wooden platform and into the gorgeous ship. To any other passenger, it must have seemed like stepping into heaven itself, with both the luxury of the ship and the opportunity to go to America. To him, it was nothing more but a solidification of the commitment he had made to go to America and marry this woman, the terrifying last step that he couldn't go back on. He stepped into the ship, him moving forward to lead his mother and his fiancee to the suite they would share.