Chapter 3

"I was right! My brother in law is just about your size!" Viktor looked at himself in the mirror, almost not recognising himself. "Oh wow." He was wearing a beautifully made suit, one that suited his figure nicely and somehow made him look like he was a first class man himself. "This is like magic." "You shine up like a new penny." Phichit grinned and patted him on the back.

     Viktor stood awkwardly in the main ballroom, looking around at the high class men and women walking around, heading into the dinning room for dinner. He felt so out of place with all of these rich people, Viktor having never even worn something as nice as what he was wearing before, and it was much more simple than most men were wearing. He looked over as one man looked him over, respectfully nodding his head to him which Viktor did in return. Viktor noticed one of the men holding their arms behind their backs, so he did the same, glancing up as Yuuri's mother, Hiroko he learned, walked down with JJ, neither noticing him standing there. After all, he looked quite different with slicked back hair and a suit than with a raggy jacket and wind whipped hair. Viktor sighed and shook his hand in the air, only then glancing up at the stairs again, seeing Yuuri in a beautiful black and red suit. He felt his heart beat a little faster. He grinned at him and took his hand, kissing the top of it. "I saw that in a nickelodeon once and I've always wanted to do it." Yuuri's cheeks grew a little redder and he just smiled. "That's for women, you know." "Oh well." He smiled, walking beside him as they went to JJ and Hiroko. "Mother, Jacqueline, you remember Mr. Nikiforov?" "Oh, that's you!" JJ grinned. "You could almost pass for a gentleman." "Almost." He smirked a bit. They headed into the dinning room, Yuuri looking around the room. Might as well introduce Viktor to some people. "There's the Countess of Ross. Oh, and thats Jay Jacob Astor. The richest man on the ship. His little wifey there is only as old as me and already in 'delicate condition'. See how she's trying to hide it? Quite the scandal." He said, Viktor smiling a bit to himself. He didn't seem like the kind of person to keep up with gossip, but it seemed like he knew quite a bit. "And thats Mr. Guggenheim and his mistress, Madame Öber. His wife is at home with the children in New York, of course. And thats Sir Cosmo and his wife Lucille. She creates naughty lingerie for royals." He smirked a bit, Viktor only laughing. "Care to escort me to dinner?" Phichit asked as he came behind the two. "Of course." Viktor said as they headed in.

     "So, how do you have means to travel?" Hiroko asked in broken English. "Well, I won tickets for my friend and I in a lucky hand of cards in poker. I keep myself fed with art, otherwise, I'm okay with just meandering around and doing nothing." "And that kind of meaningless existence gives you pleasure?" Viktor grinned at JJ. "Well, the way I see it, life is a gift and I don't intent on wasting it. I have air in my lungs, a few pieces of paper and some food. Besides, it got me here, so I must've done something right." He said, leaning in his hand and winking to Yuuri, which made his cheeks light up bright red. "I like to make each day count." Viktor said. "Well said, Viktor." Phichit hummed, offering him a smile. "To making it count." Yuuri said with a soft and tender smile towards the man. The whole table raised their hands and continued on with their meal. After a while, a group of older men retired to have a brandy in the smoking room, leaving Viktor, Yuuri, and the women. "I should go." "Mm." Viktor came and took his hand, pressing a note to Yuuri's palm. "Well, it was a pleasure." He said, sliding the note into his hand as he winked once more and headed out. Yuuri looked curiously at him before opening the small note in his hand. Quickly jotted on it was: Make it count! Meet me at the clock by 9. Yuuri smiled softly and tucked the note into his pocket, excusing himself and going to meet Viktor at the clock, him having undone his hair and let it loose again. Viktor looked at Yuuri as he came up the stairs, grinning to him. "Want to see a real party?"

     Irish music played through the lower half of the ship, Viktor dancing around with a little girl named Mina, her blonde hair with a little red strip through it waving around her shoulders. Christophe was across the room, grinning and dancing with a handsome man with wavy brown hair, his cheeks pink as they pressed together to dance, though Christophe wasn't at all flustered by it. "1. 그래서 이름이 무엇입니까?" "What?" Yuuri asked a little louder, the young Korean man repeating himself again, though Yuuri couldn't respond. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're saying." He said, smiling and taking a drink of beer. The song finally ended and everyone clapped, Viktor kneeling to look at the little girl. "I'm going to go dance with him now, okay?" He asked, her giving him a nod. "C'mon." He smiled, Yuuri looking confused at him. "What?" "Come on!" He came closer and grabbed Yuuri, pulling him close to him. "I don't know how to dance to this kind of music." Viktor laughed and wrapped his arms around Yuuri's waist, their bodies pressed together. "Neither do I. Just follow everyone else." He grinned. The little girl looked jealously up at Yuuri, Viktor smiling down at her. "You're still my best girl, Mina." He said, to which she smiled. The two men started to bounce back and forth dancing with each other carelessly, just laughing and smiling happily. There was a small stage in the middle of the room, Chris pulling the man he was dancing with up with him to dance. Once they were off, Viktor pulled Yuuri up, smiling and doing some tap dancing moves with his feet. Yuuri watching with an impressed smile as he took his shoes off. Yuuri began to do the same, jumping back and forth on his feet. Viktor clapped and grinned happily, deciding there and then that he would do whatever he had to to make Yuuri smile genuinely like that every single day. Anything at all. Viktor grinned and grabbed around Yuuri's waist, him spinning the younger man and holding him up.

     A few minutes later, after a new song had began, Yuuri and Viktor headed over to a table where Chris was arm wrestling with some very strong Arabic man, Viktor leaning over and grabbing them two beers. Viktor took a sip, glancing over as Yuuri took the glass and pretty easily downed it, this being his third beer of the night. "What? You think a high class man can't drink?" He laughed, looking as the Arabic man overtook Chris, though he demanded a rematch, glancing back at the man he had been dancing with before. "So." Yuuri said, coming over and taking the cigarette from Chris' mouth, taking a drag. "You think you're all big and strong? Hold this." He held the cigarette to Viktor, who took it, then taking off his shoes and slowly raising himself up, somehow balancing on only the tips of his toes. He only lasted a moment before he fell down, laughing and blushing softly as Viktor caught him in his arms, holding him just a minute too long. JJ, who had been searching the whole ship for Yuuri, frowned deeply when she saw him on the lowest level of the ship, dancing with scum and that annoying man Viktor. The two were close. Too close. JJ could tell where Viktor's affections are, though he had no idea that Yuuri was the same as him. She huffed and turned back to go upstairs, deciding she would consult Yuuri tomorrow.

     Yuuri giggled and held onto Viktor, Viktor laughing gently as he lead the drunken Yuuri back upstairs to his room, the two stopping in front of Yuuri's nice mahogany door. "2. Well, here you are, Пьяный милый." "Noooo, I don't wanna go back yet. I hate my stupid fiancee!" He grumbled, lips pouty. "I don't even like women." Viktor's eyes widened and he smirked a bit. How lucky. His cute little piggy liked men as well. "Come here." He took the pen from Yuuri's coat pocket, taking and moving the pen over the top of his hand. "Well, goodnight, 3. Принцесса." Viktor moved closer and grinned, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek. Before he could say anything, Viktor left, Yuuri blushing darkly as he looked down at the top of his hand, the writing on it saying '4. Виктор G73'

__________________________________

1. So, what's your name? (Korean)

2. Well, here you are, drunken darling. (Russian)

3. Princess (Russian)

4. Viktor G73