41. You've got it bad.

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for the information

"Thanks for the information."
I grumble and revert my attention to my shot glass.

"Where is she?"
She asks and I look back over at her confused. She's now turned around looking out at the dance floor with her elbows propped on the bar behind her.

"What are you talking about."
I grumble again and push down another shot.

"The girl. Where is she I want to see why she has your panties in such a twist."
She asks again and she smiles at me and I just roll my eyes.

"There is no girl."
I slam down my shot glass and wave for another. She raises an eyebrow at me and shrugs.

"Alright then. How about we get out of here?"
She asks and I look over at her for a moment. I look back out at the dance floor and see bay dancing with some guy. My hands clench into fist and I get out my wallet throw some money down and stand up.

The girl smiles and reaches out her hand and I take it.

"I'm Simone."

"Asher."
I reply and we walk towards the exit.

"Hey Asher where did- uhm. Oh."
Baylor starts to say as she runs in front of me smiling but it drops when she sees my hand in Simone's.

"Baylor this is Simone."
I say and she removes her gaze from our hands and looks up at Simone and back at me and forces a smile.

"Uhm. I'll uh. I'll leave you two alone."
She pushes past me and starts jogging towards the bathroom. Then the pain in my chest appears through the numbness.

"So that was her?"
Simone asks, I nod as I continue watching Baylor until she disappears into the bathroom.

"Go after her."
She says, but I can't. I've hurt her without even being with her.

"No. No let's go."
I say and turn back towards Simone who's eyebrows are raised, she smiles before taking my hand again and we head out of the club.

"So are you from here?"
She asks as we make our way down the side walk but my mind is too scattered with thoughts of Baylor to remember the answer.

"Uh. Yea. Wait no. No I live in Carson city."

"You're a bit distracted."
She says as she pulls us to a stop and I shake my head apologetically. She sits down on the side walk and pats the ground beside her.

"Come on. Tell me the deal. What is it?"
I look at her for a moment before sitting down beside her.

"Long story."

"I think we have time."
She laughs and I look at her again before telling her.

"Shit happened between me and this girl. Nothing relationship wise just with our families. I hated her three months ago. But I started learning out what really happened and I've grown... I don't know attached to her, maybe."
I look over at her and she just nods telling me to continue.

"Her brother is my bestfriend."

"Ouch."
She says and I nod.

"Yea. I haven't had the best history with girls. So today he told me to stay away from her. If I cared about her I wouldn't hurt her anymore than she already has been. He's right, she doesn't deserve anymore pain in her life. But she isn't just one of my fucking whores so he calls them, I tried to get him to understand that but he doesn't believe me. So, I went to the club with them and stayed away from her and went to the bar instead. If you know me you would know I do not drink. So me drinking tonight was a low. Then you came and then Baylor seen and now everything is fucked."
I tell her and lay back on the cold concrete. Why the hell am I even telling her all this. Maybe it's the alcohol talking.

"Sounds to me like you've got it bad my friend."
She laughs and I just groan. I don't have it bad.

"I just care about her. We're friends."

"I don't even know you and I know that's a lie."
She snorts and I just roll my eyes.

"No it isn't."
I defend.

"Have you kissed her."

"No."

"But you think about it."
She says and I just look at her and look back up at the sky ignoring her question.

"That's not what friends do."
She adds and I can practically hear her smile.

"Whatever."

-

A/N; hey guys hope you are still enjoying my book!

What did you think of this chapter?

How did you like Simone?

Follow me on social media!:)