03. MY BROTHER?!

"Bay? Hellloooo?" Leah says as she sits beside me in history. She waves her hands in front of my face stoping me from continuing to relay mine and Charity's conversation inside my head and I look over at her.

"What?" I ask as I gaze into her worried ocean blue eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Yea. Tired is all." It wasn't a lie. But it wasn't the whole truth.

I am tired, It's been two months since what happened and the nightmares are still coming every night. I'm pretty sure if someone doesn't sleep for as long as I have they'd die. And the biggest problem, I can't tell these nightmares from reality.

"Okay. . ." She says skeptically but she doesn't push the subject any further."So your brother asked me to go out with you guys today."

"Why did my brother ask you?" I ask as I begin to draw my nightmare from last night in my notebook.

"Uhm he just thought that you would want a friend to go." She says in an oddly high tone. I look up at her and narrow my eyes as she looks at me with a forced smile. Something's off.

"He asked you to come to keep an eye on me didn't he?" I ask as I roll my eyes and continue to draw the frightening picture.

"Yeah that's it."

"I don't need a baby sitter. Actually, Speaking of people who need a babysitter, where's Ty? He wasn't here yesterday and I haven't seen him today."

"I'm not sure. He should be here, I haven't talked to him since he found out ab- Uh since Uhm-" She stutters and I look up at her and raise my eyebrow.

"Since he found out about what?" I ask and she laughs nervously.

"Uhm, Okay I'm just going to say it. Since he found out about Cameron and I." She whispers the last part but I still hear her.

"What about you and Cameron?" I ask her now confused and she just looks down at her notebook and pretends to write something down.

"Oh just ya know. That we have been- Uhm. Well, dating."

"Leah Michelle! Are you fucking kidding me!!"
I whisper shout to her and her face goes bright red. I've been REALLY oblivious lately. How could I not see that something was going on with them? That's just weird! And isn't that like breaking some type of girl code?! It has to be!

"Shhh! Listen I was going to tell you! But you have just been so zoned out!"

"You were going to tell me? When? Next year? How long?"

"What?"

"How long has it been going on! Tell me everything!"

"Okay fine chill! So when the accident happened I was constantly at your house or the hospital. I mean I was before that but I was always with you. So the month you were in a coma, me and Cam spent a lot of time together. We both needed someone and we were there for each other. Then when you woke up you weren't the same, hell you didn't even remember me at first. You fell into a depression and completely shut me out. I mean you still haven't let me back in. So these past two months me and cam have gotten really close. We've been waiting for you to come back to yourself but it hasn't happened yet. But now you know."

Her words leave me not knowing what to say, the words won't form on my tongue when I open my mouth to speak. I want to be angry but at the same time I don't feel like I'm allowed to be. I didn't realize how much of what happened to me has also affected the people around me. I feel selfish for not realizing that everyone else is also coping with the accident.