20. New wardrobe

The day after I received the note I was on edge all day at school. Nobody really seemed to notice except Asher. I could see him giving me questioning stares and watching my leg bounce up and down as I jumped at the slightest sound. He tries to act like he doesn't care, but I can tell he does. Im just excited to leave tomorrow morning for Christmas break, it'll get my mind of things and maybe I'll actually get some peace. The bell rings and I dart out of class.

"You ready to go to the mall bitch!" Leah hollers at me from her car in the student parking lot and I just laugh and shake my head as I walk towards her.

"Yes I'm so glad school is out." I say as I open up her car door and sit down in the passenger seat.

-

When we arrive at the mall Leah grabs my hand and pulls me towards the nearest Victoria Secret.

"Okay listen I know you love shopping at PINK but.... you're seventeen it's time to move to Vicky S. She has a lot sexier choices for you to show off your smoking hot bod." Leah says as she drags me towards the VS lingerie.

"And who knows maybe you'll find a hot guy when we're down at the beach and you're gonna want something sexy to wear. OR! Maybe you and Asher will hook up." She says as she elbows my arm and wiggles her eyebrows at me suggestively. I just roll my eyes at her as I pick up a piece of string they call underwear and toss them back down. Leah runs around excitedly looking at the many different shear lingerie.

"You know I forgot what girl time with you is like. You always try to sex me up!"

"Bay babe, we aren't 15 anymore your allowed to wear something sexy." My mouth drops and I cross my arms as I look at her.

"I have sexy clothing! I actually have great style!" I defend myself and Leah raises an eyebrow.

"So you think the pajama shirt your wearing and those loosely fitted bootcut jeans are sexy?"

"Well I mean no. But I didn't try!"

"That's the point best friend. You haven't tried to fix yourself up since the accident. And I don't blame you! But I think maybe it's time to start looking like you didn't come from an asylum. I mean did you even brush your hair today babe?" I narrow my eyes at her to say something but then I stop myself when I realize she's right. I didn't brush my hair this morning and it's time to put myself back together.

"Fine. I'll get a couple things." Leah's eyes light up in surprise as she claps her hands together and we start picking out my new closet.

-

"Get packing bay. I want to get there early! We're gonna leave either late tonight or super early in the morning, like 4AM early." Cam says as soon as I walk in the door and I watch as he runs around our apartment like a chicken with his head cut off. I carry my fifteen bags of clothes to my room Leah persuaded me in buying and drop them off on my bed before walking back out into the living room.

"Have you already told everyone?" I ask now a bit worried everyone won't be ready. Why didn't he tell me we were leaving tonight? I thought we were leaving in the morning!

"Yea just forgot to tell you until today, sorry. Leah is riding with us down and I think Asher is too I'm not sure yet. Drew and Ryder are meeting us down there with Michael and jake." Ugh. Michael is coming.