Chapter 1

Luke ducked as he heard blaster fire, and looked behind him to see the wall riddled with holes.

"What are you doing just standing there? Come on!" Leena yelled, taking out her lightsaber and blocking the shots aimed at her and sprinting down the hall. Luke didn't need to be told twice, sprinting down the hall and turning the corner opposite of Leena.

Luke and Leena were separated by the hall that the troopers were firing into, and he quietly fumed. It was his fault that they were here; the planet he and Leena were currently on was neutral but leaning more towards Imperial occupation. They both had attempted to negotiate, and Luke had thought that things were going relatively well until the building where he and Leena were staying was suddenly overrun with stormtroopers.

Both leaned over their respected walls only to duck back down, followed by blaster bolts whizzing past them to land on the wall behind them. "What now?!" Leena yelled over the bolts, wincing instinctively as one hit the corner of the wall she was hiding behind.

"Any ideas?" Luke hollered back before igniting his green saber with a snap and sprinting across the opening to Leena's side, deflecting any bolts that happened to stray towards him, and landed next to her nearest the opening as she moved to give him room against the wall.

Leena rolled her eyes. "Do you think I'd ask you what the plan was if I had one?"

Luke looked over at her and scowled at her sassy tone, but his face immediately contorted in horror and shock as his eyes drifted behind her and he saw a few Imperial stormtroopers round the corner, opening fire on the two Jedi. Only two or three had come through which was good, but Leena was so caught off guard by the sudden ambush that it took her a few seconds to recoup and help Luke in taking them down.

Once Leena had joined the fight the troopers had fallen in a matter of seconds with gashes in their chests, and both Jedi whipped around as more troopers rounded the corner they were previously on. They were trapped, and the base was overrun.

"Well this is great." Leena muttered, pressing her back against Luke's and deflecting bolts vigorously as she felt Luke do the same. "This is all your fault!"

"Just shut your mouth and kill stormtroopers." Luke retorted angrily, moving his lightsaber to deflect a few bolts and aim them at the stormtroopers who fired them. "I figured you would've learned by now to save your energy for fighting instead of snipping at me!"

"Well I don't see you stopping me. Speaking of which, cover me." Leena flipped over Luke before he could protest, and he twirled around to take her spot as she took his.

"What was that for?"

"Oh, I just wanted to take a break from that side." Luke felt Leena shrug behind him. "Your side's easier."

Luke resisted another retort, instead deciding on a plan. "Push them on three?"

"Got it." Luke felt Leena plant her feet more firmly into the ground, and he did so as well.

"One." Luke and Leena loosened their grips on their sabers and relaxed their shoulders.

"Two." The Jedi continued to block and deflect vigorously, both waiting for Luke's command.

"Three!" Luke and Leena simultaneously thrust out their hands and called on the Force to propel the troopers backwards, and they all fell down as Luke and Leena braced themselves against each other to resist falling as well.

Once every trooper was flung onto the floor Luke and Leena both let out a massive sigh of relief, deactivating their sabers and facing each other.

Leena's brows furrowed as she looked around. "I guess we should get out of here."