chapter 2

"Cookies and cream is the best"

"no tiramisu is the best"

"no cookies and cream"

"tiramisu"

"cookies and cream"

"tiramisu"

"cookies and cream"

"cookies and cream"

"Aha! see even you agree that cookies and cream are the best, "I said.

my aunt gave me an annoyed looked "that's cause you tricked me and I still love tiramisu" and just to prove her point she took a big spoon of her ice cream and ate and froze. " it's too old" she said.

"huh?" I asked.

"cold, cold, it's too cold" she said

I started to laugh seeing her expression. "it's not funny"

"Oh it is funny, trust me. Your expression was hilarious"

"fine whatever" and I started to laugh again. She smiled at me gently and said

"you know you remind me of Ben" my uncle died due to cancer when I was 16 year old. He was just like my aunt. I miss him sometimes. He was the reason there was laughter in the house.

Today was fun hanging out with my aunt. We called it a day and headed back to our car.

*****************************************************

Blinking my eyes I slowly opened my eyes. The first thing that I saw was my mom's three jars sitting in the corner beside my window.

The first jar was filled with beach sand and seashells, the second jar had blue flowers and the third had autumn leaves. The jar with the shell's used to be her favorite. She had a habit of collecting things and putting them in a jar.

When I entered the kitchen I saw my aunt make pancakes.

"good morning"

"good morning to you too. Did you sleep well?"

"Yep. So what are your plans for today?"

"how about we go for a walk" my aunt asked me.

"sure I will go and change". I went and changed into a neon pink tank top and black sweat pants. I grabbed my phone and earphones and went down to see my aunt ready. we walked for almost an hour and decided to take a break. we spotted an empty bench in the park and sat there.

"Aunt Caroline, did you know my father before he died". I asked. she seemed worried by my question.

"yes, your father was a great man. He loved your mom and you so much. when you were small I and Jake came to your home to stay for a week. Your father would find some excuse to come home early. He loved kids."

"so how did he die? whenever I ask mom she used to shrug it off". I told her

"You wouldn't understand if I tell you know. when the time is right you will know, but then again I too only know half of the story. The rest died along with with your mother.

"Hailey!" I turned around to see Clair running towards me.

"Hey, Clair. what are you doing in the park early in the morning?" I asked her

"I came here with mommy". she said.

"Clarissa where are you?" Clair gave me a sheepish look before saying "I think I'm in trouble. mommy only calls me and my brother's my full name if we are in trouble".

"over here mommy" she waved her hand towards a brunette lady she looked reviled by seeing Clair safe. she started walking towards here.

"Hello, Caroline and who is this?" She said smiling at us. I think my aunt know her

"Lilly, how are you. It's been a long time. This is my niece, Hailey. she will be staying with me until college" pointing at me.

"hello". I said extending my hand for a handshake, but instead of shaking my hand she pulled me into a hug . it has been a long time since someone had given a motherly effect.

"cut with the formalities, I'm Lilly Black but you could call me Lilly"

"Hailey, do mind if we go for a walk around the park?" she asked me. "not at all, I will look after Clair if you want".

"Thank you, dear". she told me.

"I don't need a babysitter". Clair said folding her arm. she looked cute when she was mad. "I am not going to babysit you, I am going to play with you".

The day went like that and I had so much fun. we had lunch at the nearby diner with the Black family. Apparently, Lilly was Jake's best friends mom. My aunt told me that it will take few more hour for Jake to reach here so she asked me to sleep early since I had school the next day.

***********************************************************************************************

I hope you guys liked it. pls like and comment:)