I throw down the phone and blast into action. I quickly put a bra on, pick up some dishes and other things lying around, and try to make some kind of sense of the paperwork. I only have about ten minutes until she's here and I'm starting to panic. I snatch the phone and call Leigh-Anne.

She answers on the second ring. "Hey."

"She's coming here," I say quickly.

"You called her? Finally!" Leigh-Anne sounds ecstatic.

I huff, pressing the phone to my shoulder so I can keep cleaning. "No, she called me. She needs her project early because she has to leave for Virginia tomorrow. I don't know, Leigh. Why am I freaking out?"

"Because you love her and you know you fucked up? Just a hunch."

"No, I—" I stop unable to complete the sentence.

Do I love her? No, it's too soon. Isn't it? We've only begun getting to know each other, but she makes perfect sense. She's everything I want, everything I need.

Leigh-Anne breaks through the silence as I stand shell-shocked. "You just had your epiphany, didn't you?"

I hear a knock at the door. "I gotta go," I say and disconnect the phone. I don't have time for a damn epiphany.

After a few deep breaths, I walk to the door. She's right there on the other side. She said she wouldn't come back through this door if I didn't tell her I wanted her here. And I do want her here. All I want is Jade. But that fear of losing her is always looming, making its way into my head, causing me to second-guess everything. I'm out of time and now Leigh's made me even more nervous.

Another knock.

I press my hand on the door and rest my head against the cool wood grain, trying to settle my pulse. I'm brave enough for this. Maybe.

Enough stalling.

Time to be strong.

I open the door and freeze when our eyes lock. Jade's even more devastatingly beautiful than I remember in her black pants and light blue shirt with the top two buttons undone. All I see is perfection. Her hair is in natural curls, making her look darker, more mysterious and dangerous. She looks tired, but I see the underlying emotions as her gaze travels my face. Despite the dark circles forming beneath her eyes, she still looks flawless.

When she gives me a small smile, everything in my world shifts. That grin cause an explosion around my guarded heart. It hits me. I love her. It's a different love than what I had with Zayn. It doesn't feel forced. It's strong and hopeful. She doesn't want to take from me—she gives. My weaknesses don't scare or bother her and she doesn't want to exploit them. No, she wants to make me stronger. And when I can't be, she'll be strong enough for the both of us.

I take a step forward, but before I can speak, she grabs me and pulls me against her. My eyes widen and a second later her lips crash against mine in an angry, hot kiss. Jade's arms wrap around me, holding me close. It's almost crushing, but I couldn't care less. My fingers tangle in her hair, pulling her closer even though we couldn't get any more attached than we already are. I breathe in her scent—all female and pure sex. I try to pull her into the apartment, but she won't budge. She breaks the kiss, but hovers over my mouth. I whimper at the loss of her lips.

"Do you want to let me in?" Her deep voice goes straight to my core.

I nod yes, but she doesn't move. Every cell in my body is awakened. I need her touch. I want her to fill me up and make me whole again. But I know that's not what she's asking.

"I told you when I walked out of here the last time—"

I cut her off, leaning in and pressing my lips against her. It's pure survival. Her lips are breathing life into me. Our time apart has me desperate for her. I want to ingrain this moment in my mind in case things don't go the way I'm hoping.