Chapter 1

Two months later, First person POV

I was sitting in what used to be John's chair in 221B Baker Street, Mrs. Hudson was in the kitchen banging away at a sink of dishes, Sherlock had left a few hours ago saying he needed to do something. The sunlight that shafted in through the windows shone on my legs heating up the same spot on my jeans for the past hour. 

On the table in front of me lay papers scattered and stack upon each other, Sherlock had paper everywhere it covered everything the tables, chairs, even the walls. I looked around the room, you couldn't see much of the wallpaper these days it was just four wall of paper all relating back to the case of Moriarty's return. 

Sherlock had asked for my help a couple of months ago, I still thought about the day often, I still felt all the excitement and nerves from when he'd asked me.

"Hello Molly,"  he'd said tiredly from his chair,

"Sherlock." I greeted walking in and lingering my the door for a moment. "You wanted to see me?" I tugged on my sleeves and fidgeted nervously.

He looked up at me and smiled something he only did when he was about to ask me something. "You've heard about Moriarty's return haven't you?" He stood up and walked over watching me.

I nodded, everyone had heard about his return. "Yes have you found a way to stop him yet?" I asked the first and most obvious question that came to mind.

"No, although Mycroft and I created a plan we still don't have a sufficient way to execute it, you see we really can't catch Moriarty if no one has actually seen him." He paced the space in front of me for a moment before stopping and looking at me. "I have informed my homeless network to inform me if they see him, but I need someone to help me here."

"Where's John?" I asked toying with a loose thread on my sleeve.

Sherlock sighed, "He has a kid he's busy, I need someone who can help me identify bodies because with a case like this there's bound to be bodies. I need someone that knows Moriarty and since you dated him-"

"It was only a few times," I interrupted defensively, Jim and I only went out a few times before he vanished.

"Yes but you still spent more time with him than me, so Molly Hooper will you help me with this case because honestly I have no way of doing it without you."

By this time Sherlock was standing right in front of me, I had to crane my neck to look up at him. I was also kind of shocked, the last time Sherlock asked me to help him was when John wouldn't forgive him for faking his death it had been fun helping him with cases. 

"Well," I started looking around the flat hurriedly while trying to think, "I suppose I could help you for a bit."

Sherlock smiled and grabbed my shoulder, "Great, we can start tomorrow at the hospital, I'll tell you the plan then." 

I left that night feeling happy but also a tiny bit used.

The door opened and Sherlock walked into the flat his long coat swirling behind him, "It wasn't him." He said with a edgy tone, he proceeded to take off his scarf and coat before walking over and collapsing into his chair. "I was sure it was him this time, eight people in my homeless network reported seeing the same man who very much resembled Moriarty, I was positive it was him." I watched as her gathered a stack of paper and ripped it in two, "That's a weeks work all for nothing."

"You'll find him Sherlock." I replied sitting forwards and watching him riffle through all the papers. "You said so yourself that this would take time."

"It's taking too much time, for all I know Moriarty could be planning he next great crime and we wouldn't even know because we don't know where he is!" He got up and grabbed him violin walking to the window.

"Sherlock, listen to Molly she has a point, this is nothing to fuss over." Mrs. Hudson said poking her head in the room.

"Don't you have some tea you should be making?" Sherlock snapped before playing his violin furiously.

I sighed and stood up making my way over to Mrs. Hudson who was putting away the dried dishes, I helped quietly while Sherlock played his way through a variety of songs, "He's so angry these days." Mrs.Hudson sighed once we were done. "Sometimes when he's here alone I can hear him crashing and throwing things, I worry about what state both he and my flat will be in when I come up here in the morning." she shook her head at Sherlock's swaying figure. "At first I thought it was because of John, he's very busy with the baby these days, but now I have no idea what wrong with him."

"He's frustrated, he spent to years taking down Moriarty's network, and now that Moriarty's back he feels like it was all for nothing." I rested a hand on Mrs. Hudson's shoulder, "I just hope something happens soon."

"So do I dear, no one deserves happiness more than Sherlock Holmes." 

I don't fully understand what she means by that so instead I stand with her and watch Sherlock, hen he's playing he seems to forget everything, I find that when he plays his violin he's more human.