The Midnight Stranger : Part - II

[Lord Edward's Mansion in the countryside ] 🏰⛲🏫🏡🏠

★Continued from previous part....

Abie's P.O.V.

I was dumbfounded and couldn't speak at all. Sushi was barking at her constantly.

The woman is probably around her late 40's. Well, actually it's hard to tell her age. She's looks so gorgeous and matured yet so gloomy.

The atmosphere around her was, somewhat cold. She had a dark aura around here. Her eyes calm and cold like seawater during winter.

Sushi bit on the hem of her skirt. I thought my heart was going to freeze. I gulped.

My gaze was moving around and landed on her black, high heels. What if she kicks her?! I don't know why, but weird thoughts like this came to my mind.

She glared at me, as if she could read my mind.

Suddenly she folded her knees and leaned to Sushi, stretching her hand to her...

I jolted!

My heart was beating like a drum. I blinked my eyes and gulped again. It's spring but I found myself sweating.

She gently rubbed her neck and back, "What is it Sushi?! Hey! Calm down girl, calm down!" She was tried hushing her, gently.

Her voice was strong and gentle at the same time. But she was still glaring at me.

"If I'm not wrong, you're the priest in training under Father John

"If I'm not wrong, you're the priest in training under Father John... You're Abie, aren't you?" she asked me in her Italian accent and smiled.

No... not smile! She smirked. I felt an unbearable dryness in my throat.

"Umm.... ah! I... I am... A-abiiiee! yes!" I found myself struggling to say that much.

Suddenly, Miss Elizabeth entered the room. It was obvious that she came here rushing. She looked a little nervous and her hair was disheveled.

"Abie! Hi... Ohh... Mother! Umm... Abie, this is my mother, Mrs. Victoria Gray. It's not my dad's surname, it's her father's. And we took her surname. Hahah..." she laughed nervously.

"And mother! This is-" she was cut off by Mrs. Victoria.

"Mr. Abie! right?" she showed a fake smile at me.

Oh, God! This is so nerve wrecking!

She looked at miss Elizabeth and told her something in Italian. She was probably scolding her for leaving a stranger alone in the house.

I didn't understand it completely but I know this language, a little, so kind of got, what she was talking about.

After that she told her in English, "Serve him tea Eli..."