Going to the bathroom I comb my hair back into a ponytail, securing it with a hair tie. Looking in the mirror I sigh, I had bags under my eyes, my eyes were bloodshot, and I looked pale.

I walk down the hall into the living room and stop. I scream so loud it hurts. The person on the couch jumps up and fall off the couch. He looks baffled, he stares at me as if I was going to attack him.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Uh, Lachlan. Your sister said I could sleep on your couch." He says, scratching the back of his head. His hair stuck up everywhere.

Running back to my room, I threw open the door and let it slam against the wall, hard. Brilynn jumps up in the bed.

"Brinley what's wrong?" She asked then her face changes.

"Oh, I can explain. It's okay he won't hurt you. I told him he could stay and sleep on the couch. He's not an intruder, he's a friend." She says, climbing out of the bed.

"Why Bri! I can't have this." I complain, kind of mad that she didn't inform me.

"Sorry, I didn't think you would mind." She says embarrassed.

"You know how I am. I'm fucked up!" I scream I was so mad. Not mad at her, mad at myself for being so screwed up in the head.

She looks at me with pleading eyes, I can't look at her anymore.

Turning around I run away. Passing the guy that still stands in my living room, he looks confused. I run out the door letting the warm Georgia air hit my face. I run the opposite direction, so Brilynn will not come looking for me.

Letting the warm air calm me down as I run to the beach. The sun was just now coming up. It was a pretty sunrise, yellows, and oranges.

Making it to the beach, I slowly walk to the shore, kicking the sand as I go. I walk right up to the water and set down so when the water laps on the beach it's only an inch from my toes. Pulling my knees to my chest I set my head in between them and cry. I cry for Brilynn, and most importantly I cry for me. I didn't deserve what my father did to me. I was a straight A student, never missed a day of school, and I never got in trouble.

Crying until the sun came up, I decided to head back to the apartment hoping that Lachlan was gone by now. Brilynn was probably out looking for me.

Running until I reach the front porch. Wishing I had grabbed a water before I left. I walk in the front door, glancing at the couch. Nobody was there. Heading for the kitchen to grab a water, nobody was there either.

I sigh and turn to the refrigerator and grab a bottle of water and two eggs for breakfast. Pulling a pan from the cabinet. I set it on the stove and wait for it to heat up.

"Brilynn is looking for you." I spin around so fast I get dizzy. Lachlan stands there dress now, and his head is wet. Looking like he just got out of the shower. I move and grab the knife out of the holder. He automatically throws his hands up.

"Woah! I'm not going to hurt you." He says stepping towards me. Big mistake.

I point the knife towards him, Which makes him back up again. I look at him, he towers over me at six foot and at least three inches. He could easily take me down, hoping that he doesn't though.

"What's your name?" He asked randomly.

"Brinley." I spat out.

"That's a pretty name." He says, he looks uncomfortable so I lay the knife on the counter. He sighs when I do.

"Do you know where Bri went?" I asked him.

"She just said she was going to look for you and told me to stay here just in case you came back."