"Alys-"

"No." The bitter, honest truth came out of my mouth.

His eyes came up to meet mine, and I didn't fail to notice how he paled. He seemed truly and utterly lost and I couldn't make head or tail of what to do other than going with honesty.

A melancholic smile took over my face. "As much as I wish they were, they aren't mine, Mr. Powers."

"Then whom do they belong to?" He didn't miss a beat and looked at me as if the answer would be deciding his entire future.

I kept silent.

"I don't know." I whispered after sometime, holding in my emotions.

I looked down at Raine and kissed her forehead, a small smile playing with my lips. Terrence was now looking at me and offered a weak smile when I gave him one of my own.

And here I though that hell would freeze over before I would ever feel any kind of warmth towards him.

From the corner of my eyes, it didn't escape me - how his arms and his fingers were twitching, his jaw slightly clenched as if he was trying to stop himself from doing something like-

-Knocking me out cold and stealing my twins away?

Ryan's gurgle interrupted my train of thought and I chuckled at how excitedly his feet were kicking up in the air. He made another sound and I found that he had vomited over himself.

"Looks like someone is in the mood to play, but now has vomit all over himself." I said, turning to put Raine in a stroller when a thought crossed my mind and I stopped.

"Wanna hold her?" I smiled at him and for a moment, he looked absolutely dumbfounded.

And so, so cute...

Have some shame, he's married.

"It's completely fine if you don't want to, I can put her back in the stroller." I assured when he didn't make any movement for sometime.

"No!"

He yelled before I could turn around, "I mean yes! Yes, I want to hold her. In fact, I want to hold the both of them."

He held out both his arms and I giggled at his lost look. I stepped closer to him, his masculine scent teasing and twirling around me, making me almost sigh. I tucked Raine in the crook of his arm and smiled again, at how small she looked in his thick arms.

I took the bag that had fallen down and pulled out some napkins to wipe Ryan's mouth. His tiny fist reached out towards me and I cooed, wiping the drool off his chin. He squealed again and this time, it was Terrence my gaze fluttered towards.

He was looking at Raine with so much love, that I almost cried. She was drooling, gurgling, squealing, messing his clothes but his gaze was still trained on her, the grin on his face making him look so, so handsome.

Such a pity, he was married.

My thoughts stopped the moment Raine gave a toothless smile, and it seemed like the axis of Terrence's world shifted. Before I could coo and awe at the beautiful scene unfurling, that asshole had to open his mouth

"How did you come across them?"

My smile fell quickly, and I knew I was looking at him more coldly than he deserved. The way he bit his tongue showed that he regretted asking the question as much as I hated him for ruining the moment.

"I'm sorry, but I cannot tell a random stranger everything about my babies, now, can I?" I said, as politely as I could muster, and then lifted Ryan.