Chapter 20: OCCUMELACY LESSON

OCCLUMENCY LESSON- So you were a school bully?

"So, what are these lessons about?" Sirius asked Harry as they sat down for breakfast.

"Well apparently Voldemort is trying to get inside my mind, and I have to learn how to prevent it" Harry explained for the seventeenth time.

"I still don't know why Snape has to teach you," James said, "Dumbledore could easily help with that."

"Dumbledore has enough on his mind at the moment," Harry snapped.

"Oh my god," Hermione gasped suddenly, as she looked at the Daily prophet.

"What is it?" Harry asked and she placed it back down on the table for everyone to see. She pointed at ten black-and-white photographs that filled the whole of the front page. Each picture was captioned with a name and the crime for which the person had been sent to Azkaban.

"Oh no," James whispered and pointed on the picture of a wizard with a long, pale, twisted face.

Antonin Dolohov, convicted of the brutal murders of Gideon and Fabian Prewett.

"I knew the Prewett twins..." James said sadly and looked sadly at Ron.

"Oh there is my favourite cousin," Sirius growled and pointed at another picture:

Bellatrix Lestrange, convicted of the torture and permanent mca-pacitation of Frank and Alice Longbottom.

James looked at the picture: "Well at least she is in Azkaban at the moment."

"Not anymore," Hermione said quietly and pointed at the headline. They all started reading.

MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN

MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS 'RALLYING POINT'

FOR OLD DEATH EATERS

"Black?" said Harry loudly. "Not - ? "

"Me?" Sirius finished.

"Shhh," whispered Hermione desperately, "Not so loud - just read it!"

The Ministry of Magic announced late last night that there has been a mass breakout from Azkaban.

Speaking to reporters in his private office, Cornelius Fudge, Minister for Magic, confirmed that ten high-security prisoners escaped in the early hours of yesterday evening and that he has already informed the Muggle Prime Minister of the dangerous nature of these individuals.

'We find ourselves, most unfortunately, in the same position we were two and a half years ago when the murderer Sirius Black escaped,' said Fudge last night. 'Nor do we think the two breakouts are unrelated. An escape of this magnitude suggests outside help, and we must remember that Black, as the first person ever to break out of Azkaban, would be ideally placed to help others follow in his footsteps. We think it likely that these individuals, who include Black's cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange, have rallied around Black as their leader. We are, however, doing all we can to round up the criminals, and we beg the magical community to remain alert and cautious. On no account should any of these individuals be approached.'

"I don't believe this," Harry snarled, "Fudge is blaming the breakout on Sirius?"

"Yeah," Sirius said, "that's not a very nice thing to do."

"What else is he supposed to do?" James asked sarcastically, "blame it on Voldemort?"

"We call him you know who in this era," Ron growled.

"Sirius is the perfect excuse," Hermione agreed, "keeps all the stories in order."

"I bet Fudge was a Slytherin," James growled and pulled the newspaper towards him to get a closer look at the pictures.