Chapter 3: THE DISGUISE

Chapter 3: THE DISGUISE - Not fair! Evans gets to keep her hair!

Third person

Lily, James, Sirius stood in front of Dumbledore's desk for a few minutes until he finally arrived.

"Hello Mr. Potter, Mr. Black and Miss. Evans. What a wonderful surprise!" he said, as he sat down.

"Professor," Lily started, "I'm so sorry, I mean we really didn't mean to do this, it's just Potter and Bl-"

"I don't want to hear it Miss. Evans," Dumbledore said calmly, raising his hand, signaling her to stop talking.

"However, you'll probably have to spend a year here, since I have to find a way to get you back home safely."

"A year?" James exclaimed, "but what about our friends and families?"

"Don't worry, you shall be returning to the moment when you left, you will not miss out on anything," Dumbledore reassured him.

"But because you're staying, you'll need to have a disguise, since nobody must know who you actually are. Is that clear?" the time travelers nodded, and Dumbledore smiled. However, before he could wave his wand, he was interrupted by all three of them, shouting one over the other:

"But I still wanna be handsome-" said Sirius.

"and I wanna have my hair-" said James.

"Please, please I don't want to be fat!" said Lily.

"Relax," Dumbledore said smiling, "I shall be merciful."

Lily POV 

Dumbledore waved his wand and a warm feeling went through my body as I closed my eyes, I felt a tingling sensation take over my body. I looked up, as I heard Potter scream. I looked at him as he was looking at himself in the mirror Dumbledore had conjured. He had brown hair and kept his hazel eyes, although his face had completely changed shape. Black on the other hand had short dark hair hair, green eyes and a softer face. As I watched them complain , I remembered that I too looked completely different. I approached the mirror and I was pleased to see my dark red hair still covering my head. I had blue eyes and freckles. I was very much happy to say that my new look didn't bother me.

Sirius POV

The first thing I did after Dumbledore cast the spell was touch my face and head. And as I did, I felt it grow shorter and shorter.

"No, no, no," I said as I heard James scream.

"You can't take my hair away," I told Dumbledore, "I feel naked without my long hair and- "

I stopped talking as I saw Lily walking past me, I looked at James, who looked at Dumbledore as he saw her.

"Well that is not fair, Evans gets to keep her hair!" he said, his voice was decorated with the sound of betrayal, but Dumbledore just chuckled.

 Third person

"You'll also have to change your names," Dumbledore continued as the time travelers stopped examining their faces in the mirror. 

"AWESOME!" Sirius shouted, "can I have a muggle name like... a muggle name?" Lily rolled her eyes at that comment.

"Can I be Harry?" James asked. Dumbledore looked at him.

"No James I'm afraid you can't," he said. James looked at him sadly and carried on thinking.

"I know!" Sirius interrupted the silence "I am going to be Oliver Twist or Winston Churchill."

"Merlin's beard Black, you can't be serious" Lily said half annoyed half laughing.

"Actually that is my name," Sirius said, "and why not, I heard muggles use them."

"Everybody who has at least one muggle parent knows who Oliver Twist or Winston Churchill were."

"That Mr. Black is true," Dumbledore said, "but you can still be Oliver or Winston."

"Nah" Sirius said, and they all fell silent again.

"Maybe I could beSophie or Ashley." Lily said slowly

"Evans that's not right" James nearly shouted at her "Your family is named after flowers. It's the tradition. You could be Cactus Orchid Potter" he said pretending to be serious.

"Potter you absolute-" Lily started, but James interrupted her with his explanation.

"Why not? Look let me explain: Cactus's and Orchids are plants, right? Well and Potter is the perfect surname, because you stick plants into pots!"

"Listen carefully," Lily said, "I won't be Cactus or Orchid and my surname will never be Potter!" she said, "anyways I think I'll go with Ashley Smith."

 "Good choice," Dumbledore said, as he observed the situation, while trying not to laugh.

"And I will be Charlie Grey, 'cause my beautiful eyes were once grey and know they are green" Sirius said. Dumbledore just nodded.

"Well I might as well be Jake, so if anybody mistakes me for my, well, shall we say perfect name, everybody will think they just misheard. But I don't know about the surname..." James said.

"Well you could be Brooks, you know 'couse you hate er books" Sirius said joking, but even though it was a joke James liked it.

"OK I 'll be Jam- Jake Brooks"

"Very well" Dumbledore said smiling. And they left his office, not knowing how much the upcoming year was going to change them...

Hi there!

So, how did you like the names and disguises?

The next chapter is going to be:

 Chapter 4: OUR NEW SCHOOL-MATES - All pranksters, no matter how old they are or from which country they come from will ALWAYS get along.

Love,

Lizzie :)

Vote and comment if you liked the chapter!