He ran his hands through his hair and sighed.

I glared at him and his attention focused on me.

"Dad?" I ask quietly.

"Hm?" He hums.

"Why--Why did Y/N turn so quickly?" I ask.

He looks at me and looks at Michonne.

Michonne takes a deep breath and looks at me.

"I mean, it takes at least 8 hours to turn. Or that's what Jenner said. It only took her about an hour and a half," I say.

"Jenner," Dad whispers and shakes his head.

"Who was Jenner?" Michonne asked.

"He worked at the CDC. He was the last one there working when we showed up. He was the only one. His experiment failed and he just gave up. It was running out of gas and was gonna explode within those 4 minutes we were in there. We barely made it out," Dad says as Michonne places a hand on his back.

"She shouldn't have turned that quick," I say.

"We're all infected. She had already gotten bit the day before. She got bit again yesterday," He says.

I just sat there and stared at the old paper stacked up on the table.

Some of the papers where bills, cards, and letters.

I reach towards a letter and pull it back towards me.

I open it and begin to read it.

"To Jenny," I begin to read as Michonne and Dad's attention went on me. "I'm sorry but I have to leave. It isn't safe here anymore. I love you, well loved you. I wished to have a happy life with you but that happy life is unfortunately over now. I've seen how you've been acting. This world changed you. It's changed everyone. It will change you. You tried to kill me once. You tried to kill me multiple times actually. I can't live with you anymore. You've become a monster. So farewell and goodbye my love. I'm sorry this happened to you. p.s
If you're reading this and you aren't Jenny, leave immediately. Don't go on the basement. Listen to me and leave immediately," I read.

"I wonder what happened to her," Michonne says.

"Signed November 13th, 2010," I read the last of it.

"Not too long after everything went to shit," Daryl butts in.

"You were listening?" I say.

"Yeah," He mumbles, leaning up against the door frame.

"It's a terrible place down here," Michonne says before walking out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"We should start getting ready to leave," Dad says as I look at him.

I don't wanna leave.

I don't wanna leave her.

I know she's gone but I just don't wanna leave her.