42:Strong But Not Enough

Y/N's POV

I look down at my hand and gasp.

"N-No, no," I whisper raising my injured hand up.

"Y/N, it's okay," Carl says, rubbing my back. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's not okay," I say as tears prickle my eyes.

"Yes it is. I know how you feel," He says, his voice soft.

"At least you have both hands," I say.

"You have both hands," He states.

"Well, at least you have all your fingers," I say.

"At least you have two eyes," He says looking down.

"I-I'm sorry," I whisper.

"It's okay," He says.

I look at my hand as a tear slips down my cheek.

The only fingers I had left on my hand was my ring and pinky finger.

My thumb too.

"It's my fault," Carl blurts.

"What?" I ask.

"It's my fault that you got bit. I should've stopped. I should've got in front of you. I should've killed it," He says as a tear slips down his cheek.

"Why were you reaching for the walker?" I ask as he looks at me.

"I thought you hated me. I thought you liked Levi better than me, like you just wanted to forget I ever existed. I felt like shit for going off on you. I wanted it to end," He says messing with his gun.

"Carl, I'll always love you. I don't hate you, I never hated you. When I saw you out there, hand reached out towards that walker, all I could think about was getting to you and killing that walker. I don't know what'd I'd do if I ever lost you," I say as he stands up in front of me.

"Ever since I lost my eye, I thought you would be distant from me because I thought I looked like a monster. Do I?" He asks grabbing my uninjured hand.

"No, Carl. Matter of factly I think you should leave the bandage off. I'll still love you no matter what happens to you. Don't ever think otherwise," I say and he smiles.

"Same with you. I'll always love you no matter what happens to you. No matter how bad the injury gets. I love you, Y/N," He says before placing his lips onto mine.

I kiss him back and his hand travels up my thigh.

His tongue grazes my lip begging for entrance.

I allow and his tongue explores my mouth.

He pushes me back on the table still keeping our lips connected.

"Umm, guys sorry to interrupt this but we gotta go on a run," Maggie giggles, walking into the kitchen.

Carl pulls me up and he smirks.