Chapter 39 : Double Date Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Like I said, I won't. I respect you and I don't want to rush you into things." He laid himself next to me, staring into my eyes. As I looked into his, I knew he was sincere so, I flashed him a sweet smile.

"Good night, Jack."

"Good night, Elsa. I love you." He said as he tucked loose strands of hair behind my ear and gently kissed me on my lips.

I giggled in my head and blushed as I responded; "I love you too."

We just stayed like that for a moment, just staring into each other's eyes. It was a bit awkward. It was embarrassing to have someone see you sleep.

"This is awkward." I told Jack.

"Yeah. It kinda is. I'll just turn away."

"Likewise."

We both turned away from each other and there was complete silence. I didn't bother to look at him, nor him at me.

I kept on tossing and turning on the bed. I just couldn't get myself to sleep and what do you know, so did he.

"Can't sleep?" He asked.

"Obviously. You?"

"I can't either. Hmm..."

"What are you thinking?" I asked as I faced him.

"A way for us to sleep."

"Uhm. Okay??"

"Elsa, come here." Jack said as he dragged me to his side. Right now, I could feel his breath in my face.

His hand was on my back, holding me close. "Uhm. You expect us to sleep like this?"

"Yeah. Just imagine that I'm a pillow and you'll probably sleep right away." Jack said surely.

"This is not some sort of plan you're working on, right?"

"What? No! Just sleep, will you?" Jack reprimanded.

"Fine. Good night, once again."

"Good night, Ice Queen." He said with a calm voice.

"Frosty." I chuckled.

"Sleep."

"Alright already. Do the same thing."

"I am. So shush." I could hear him chuckle a bit.

I snuggled myself near his chest. It was cool and cozy. I might sleep well like this. I closed my eyes and off I was to dreamland.

Anna:

"Are we there yet?" I asked, fidgeting.

"No. Not yet. You okay? Are you cold?" Kristoff asked worriedly.

"A little."

"Here, warm yourself up." He wrapped a blanket around me and smiled. "Better?"

I nodded. "Better."

"Have you ever planned on how we would tell Elsa?" Kristoff turned to me.

"No, not yet really. Direct approach?" I suggested.

"Probably not. You might give Elsa a heart attack." He said scratching the back of his head.

"Oh! I know!"

"What?" He said. He looked startled. Maybe because I talked loudly.

"What do you know, feisty pants?" He teased.

"Remember when I asked her and Jack for a double date with us? That's the plan. It will all be nice and simple, we talk about our journey and the things we did while we were away and BAM! We tell her the news." I say with confidence, arms crossed on my chest.