I was jolted out of my reverie when I heard the doorbell ring.

Finally, the woman's here.

I balanced the two munchkins in my arms, and then got up walking towards my bedroom and kept them there, placing the cushions on their sides.

I need to get a crib ASAP.

By the time I reached the door, my visitor was mercilessly pressing the buzzer. The sound had become so annoying, and I was afraid the munchkins would start crying, I ran to get the door and opened it - only to find an impatient Alexandria standing and scowling in front of me, her foot tapping on the floor. I gave her a sheepish smile and opened the door wider to let her in. She lazily moved her ass inside and threw her bag on the couch and plopped down. This house was hers as much as it was mine. And her house was mine as much as it was hers.

Man, that woman looked exhausted.

"One leave! You took one leave, woman, and the whole publishing house was turned upside down! Never! Never do this— wait? Did you just fart?" She had her face scrunched up in a funny expression.

"No, I didn't."

I knew who the culprit was. To be honest, I couldn't smell anything, or maybe I had gotten used to the wonderful fragrance of baby potty in just a day.

"Oh come on, don't lie. I remember once—"

Before she could continue on my farty anecdotes, she was interrupted by loud, screeching wails.

"Holy shit!" was all she said.

She narrowed her eyes at me and stood up, once again bursting with energy as she followed the direction of the wails.

As soon as she entered my room, all that came out of her mouth was,

"Oh. My. God."

*********************

"So you mean to say that.." Crunch, crunch, "...those motherfucking bastards..." crunch, crunch, crunch, "...left these little angels in a dumpster?"

"Yes, and mind your language in front of them. I don't want 'fuck' to be the first word that comes out of their mouth."

"Okay, okay." Allie was now sitting cross-legged on my bed and was holding Raine after she had changed into my sweatpants after Ryan peed on her. That was right after I narrated the whole story, even the part where Larissa told me about her letting off steam in Paris.

The look on her face was Kodak worthy. The way her face paled when she found her favourite pair of jeans soaked up in baby piss, I instantly knew that she was never going to wear her own clothes in my house ever again.

Allie, for once, had acted like a mature and understanding adult. I nearly choked back a sob when she said that she was proud of me and would stay by my side and help me whenever needed, no matter what.

My love for my best friend intensified manifolds that moment.

She now looked like she desperately wanted to say something, but just like me, food was her priority and it seemed that she was going to munch those crackers first and squeal later.

So I waited till she was done with it and when she finally crushed the wrapper and threw it in the dustbin that I had kept for the baby wipes, she wiped her mouth with the black of her sleeve and looked at me.

How attractive.

She handed Raine to me and I kept her on one side of my lap with Ryan on another.