Chapter 4: The Big Bang

Start from the beginning

Quentin looked down at Jordan's body. "That makes sense. Then maybe when Jordan was recovering, the killer ran in an stabbed him..."

"Ohh, god, why are we here?" Ian asked painfully, looking away from Jordan's corpse.

"Then how was his hand cut? It looks too big to be from the glass shards," Seto asked.

"Hmm...I don't know. Maybe he just punched something," Matt suggested.

Bodil and Jerome came back in.

"There goes my breakfast..." Bodil groaned, clutching his stomach.

"I f-found this in the kitchen," Jerome said, holding out a kitchen knife.

"That's a knife, Jerome. And watch where you point that thing," Ty said cautiously.

"No, look! It's wet. Like someone had washed it off, to clean...blood," Jerome said, staring at the knife.

"Someone could have been just cutting food," Jason pointed out.

"Maybe. Was anyone actually seen using a kitchen knife before?" Mitch asked. Nobody answered. "I guess not..." he muttered.

"Well, I see you've all had your fun!" Herobrine's voice boomed throughout the house. "You guys are really weak. Bodil even threw up in the kitchen garbage can. Grow up. But anyway, it's time for the Household Trial! We get to find out who did it. Remember, if you guess wrong, you ALL die except the murderer. An elevator door should open up in the hallway you're in, past the Enchantment Table room. Good luck! Ahaha!"

Everyone exchanged fearful glances. "Well, let's go..." Ty said weakly, and everyone left the room and Jordan's body and headed for the elevator room.

≪≫

They all gathered around in a circle in the Household Trial, which was in a small, colorful, circular room. There were sixteen round desks for each of them to stand by. One was empty, behind it was a picture surrounded in an elegant frame, standing up on a pole. In the frame was a black and white picture of Jordan's face, with a big red X through it.

Everyone tried not to look at it.

Behind the circle sat Herobrine on a throne. "So, welcome to the first Household Trial!" he welcomed happily.

"Here you will all debate over who committed the crime. If you guess right, the murderer will be executed. If you guess wrong, all of you except for the real murderer will be executed, and the murderer beats the map! Now...begin!"

Everyone looked around the circle.

"Okay. Let's start with the facts," Mitch said. "We know Jordan was murdered in the enchanting room at night."

"He was hit with a blunt object and stabbed in the chest," Ant added.

"What could the blunt object have been?" Ian asked.

"Well, by the looks of the hole in the window and Jordan's wound, the object was a square or rectangular shape, and was big and heavy enough to inflict real damage when swung, thrust or thrown hard enough to break a window," Seto explained.

"I have some evidence that might help," Brice said. Everyone turned to look at him. Brice pulled something out of his pocket, and held it up for everyone to see.

It was a shard of orange glass.

"Brice, that's just glass. It came from the broken window," Ryan pointed out.

"It's glass. But not from the window. The window broken was only made with green and blue glass. So how did shards of orange glass find its way in here?" Brice asked meaningfully.