Call us broken

I would like to thank @TravellerByBooks @DesiMonique @janeh223 @Niaroberts_ for being supportive and voting and commenting!!! Thankyou so much xx 😘

Karl
I woke up next to Jessica's nude body underneath the pink duvet covers. She was fast asleep and her braids were still tied in a 'bun', which really just looked like a mess after last night. I wasn't even thinking about doing anything with her. I was tired and just wanted to get some sleep, but she tempted me.

I stood from the bed and yawned before slipping my clothes, from the floor, back on. I would've showered but I didn't have anything over here. After that, I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

Making my way back into the room, I found Jess scrolling through my phone with an eyebrow raised. She bit her lip subconsciously as she continued to scroll through my phone intently. "What you doing?" I questioned harshly. I couldn't respect the fact that she went on my phone without my permission. At least ask me first.

She dropped the phone on the bed with shock laced in her features as she picked her robe off the floor. "Why would you scare me like that?" She slipped it on with ease before taking out her hair band.

"Bruv, I asked you a question, first." I reminded as I opened my palm for her to give me my phone. She handed it to me with a blank look before sighing loudly and tying the ropes on her robe.

"How long have you known Jasmine, again? I forgot."

"Long."

"Mmnn. Did you guys ever deal? Or have a fling or something?" She asked with a worried expression. I kissed my teeth at all the questions she was throwing my way. We beat one time and suddenly she wants to act up. This is what I don't like.

"Nah." I lied. My relationship with Jas wasn't something I liked to talk about. I liked her, but I constantly deprived myself from having her because I couldn't afford to screw up her emotions. She was a 'constant' in my life and I needed her to stay as long as possible. "She's just a friend." I lied once again, but it seemed that I was trying to convince myself.

"Yeah, but you have... like a trillion pictures of you guys together on your phone. That's not normal Karl. She likes you. And I know you ain't blind enough to know this." She said. "We've been dealing for I don't even know but we don't have any cute pictures."

"So?..." I trailed off with a confused tone. I didn't see what she was getting at. And I wasn't going to delete pictures. If she wanted pictures, we could take them.

"Why are you being like this? Last night was perfect and now you wanna act up after I let you hit." She complained, clearly annoyed.

I sighed out of frustration and unlocked my phone deciding to ignore her. I didn't force her to do anything last night. She instigated everything, so she couldn't sit here and chat rubbish. Nobody wants to wake up and get grilled straight away. "What's your actual problem?"

"I'm just not comfortable with your friendship. She's pretty and smart and... I know she likes you." She shrugged.

"A'ight, we ain't gonna work if you keep complaining about her. She was there before you, and we never did a ting. Nothing's gonna change." I explained as I held her hands. "Forget about her." I mumbled.

I ended up staying in her room and waiting for her to shower and get dressed for the day. It was going on twelve and I needed to be at my grandparents by five o'clock.