Useless thoughts

::::::Wednesday::::::
Karl Walker
"Karl, I'm still coming yours, yeah?" Jasmine asked to confirm causing me to nod my head in approval. It was awkward to answer as Aubrey was sitting on the other side of the class with her head facing down and a pen in her hand. The two of them weren't the biggest fans of each other, and I didn't want to be put in an awkward position by the two of them. When I looked over at her, the pen in her hand was stuck in the same position on the page and she was pressing down on it with pressure...yikes.

Alex nudged me in the side with a humorous smirk before pointing across the room at Darren who was smiling mischievously at me. He slyly slung his right arm across the back of Aubrey's chair as he called her name. She looked up with an exhausted and tired expression before leaning back in her seat and tying her hair up.

"He's such a prick. He can't even spit game." Alex chuckled.

"Reals." I replied as I bit my lip to hold back my smirk. It was one of those situations where he was just trying to get a reaction out of me on purpose so he could laugh at me. I honestly couldn't be asked to entertain that right now.

Looking back down at my work, I finished off my last paragraph. After reading over it and making all my corrections, I crossed my arms on the table and put my head down for a quick nap.

Aubrey and I hadn't spoken since the inset day on Monday when I went to go see her. I assumed she was keeping to herself since she wasn't with any of her girls yesterday at lunch or break, but she kept putting up annoying indirect messages on her Snapchat which was pissing me off. The whole world didn't need to know her life story, it just wasn't that deep.

"You and Moses coming with me and Darren on Sunday?" Alex asked from beside me. They were going to Big E's yard to to get some work done for him. I shook my head as I lifted it back up before looking at him.

"Nah, we're going to my Nans." I replied. "What you doing after school though?"

"Gonna chill at Maya's yard. She's got a free one till nine, init." He said causing me to shake my head with a chuckle. I honestly didn't know how she wasn't pregnant yet. "You?"

"Seen. I'm gonna get some work done with Jasmine."

His mouth gaped apart as a laugh erupted from him. "Work? Since when do you do your work?" He chuckled. He begun to point his index finger at me as he sat forward with humour on his face. "You're a bad guy, ya'know. How are you moving to her already?"

"Aye relax," I mumbled as I kissed my teeth, "I can't even move to her like that, 'cause I knew her since primary."

"So? She's too peng."

"Nah, she's like one of my best friends, still. Plus I know her family and that, it's just weird." I shrugged.

"You're actually an idiot." He stated. "She's bare buff." I sighed before putting my head back down. It's not always about smashing the girl.

::::::

The day passed faster than I expected and now it was lunchtime. I sat on the usual bench everyone chilled at, coming face to face with my boy Jamal and his girlfriend, Amara.

"What's gwaning?" He greeted as he bit into his baguette.

"Nothing much, you cool? What's up Amara?" I asked as I took out my phone.