(Prologue)

"Aww god, my baby" I heard my mum cry as a pair of hands clasped mine and tightened slowly.

Everything was dark as I forcefully turned my head in the direction of my mothers voice.

"Karl?" Her hands left mine as I slowly opened my eyelids, her hands plastering her mouth as a few tears cascaded along her cheeks.

"You scared me." She stated as she kissed my forehead and stood from her seat on the chair. "How are you feeling?" She questioned worriedly as she wiped away  her tears with the sleeves of her jumper. Her hair looked disheveled even though it was tied in a bun at the top of her head. She wore a pair of black leggings and a white woollen jumper, which was now stained with mascara due to how many times she'd wiped her tears.

"Good." I muttered as I looked away from her and closed my eyes once more.

None of this shit would've happened if I'd have listened to my mum in the first place.

Too many fucking liars in my life. Fucks sake.

"I'll go get the doctor."
She left without another word to me, and I sighed lightly at the ache I felt in my right leg.

There's a reason for everything, so that must mean there was a reason why I was all laid up in a hospital bed...
Here's how the story began...