Ch. 17: Spend The Night

~Christina's PoV~

The flames were finally put out and Jen had a unexplainable look on her face. It was a look of pain and happiness, kind of bittersweet. I'm glad that we put Pippi and Driver in the kennel because if we hadn't, they probably wouldn't have made it.

There was no salvaging anything from the house because it was basically gone. Jen suggested that I call one of my friends and tell them what happened and ask if they could come pick me up to stay the night at their house. I thought that it was weird she had said that because she was probably going to stay in a hotel anyway, but I didn't ask because maybe she wanted to be alone and that's something I understood pretty well.

I decide to call Jessi because she lived the closest and was always up no matter what time it is. I dial her number and not even a couple seconds later she answers in a cheery voice. "Hey! What's up?" She asks as if it wasn't past midnight. "Uhm.. so my house just burnt down and I was maybe sort of wondering if I could stay the night at your house, maybe?" I said. I wanted to hit myself because of how awkward I was on the phone. Why didn't I just text her? "Sure," she replied," but my parents are out of town right now so it's just me and the nanny, but you can order an uber. See you soon!" she said before hanging up. I'd never gotten an Uber before and I'm sure Jen would rather take me, but she looked super stressed so I went ahead and ordered one on my phone using Josh's card that was already hooked up to my phone.

I waited around 15 or so minutes before the Uber arrived. I gave it the address of my neighbors down the street because of the whole fire situation mixed with the celebrity part. I told Jen that I just didn't want Jessi to meet her under these circumstances before I left.

Once I get into the silver car, the man in the driver's seat begins to make small talk before turning around in the driveway. I'd never been good at small talk so it withered away faster than a dandelion in the desert. The man was strange and was giving me weird vibes, but none like he was about to murder me. It was dark outside except for the streetlights, but he had on sunglasses and although we lived in California where it was mostly always warm, he had on a sweater. One of the things I did remember from our small talk was that his name was John, so I texted Jessi that my Uber Driver was John Snow in attempts to get some sort of joy from this snoozefest Uber.

After around 10 minutes we arrived and I thanked him and made my way to the door were Jessi had been waiting. She hugged me tight and then said, "Woah, you smell like a bonfire!"

A/N sorry for the long wait and how many spelling and grammar errors this is going to have because I typed it on my iPod 4 lol. This is sort of a filler chapter that leads into a big chapter, so be ready and know that any coincidences might be on purpose ;) comment and tell me what you think! And if any of u ever wanna talk just slide into my messages :)