Ch.4: Bonding

~Christina's PoV~

From what I knew of Jen and learned about her, I really like her. I feel like she is the mom I've always wanted, but I know that can be changed in an instant, so I'm not trying to get too close. Thank God that it's summer because I don't even want to think about school. 

Josh suggests that we go to the beach because after all it is a really nice and breezy day. Yesterday, I bought a two piece bathing suit. It has a grey top and pink bottoms and it's really cool. We jump up at the idea of the beach and run to put on our swim suits. Once I have on my swimsuit, I put on a sundress and a sun hat along with some sunglasses. I grab my phone and a beach bag with a couple of things like a beach towel and some sunscreen. 

I wait for Josh and Jen downstairs on the couch while playing with Pippi because Driver is outside in the backyard. Once they get downstairs, we drive to the beach. I look out the window into the beautiful outdoors. All I Want by Kodaline plays while I gaze at the scenery that passes by all too quickly. 

Soon enough, we arrive at the beach in a quiet area. I'm assuming it's a private part of the beach because there isn't any paparazzi or anything. We get out and Josh sets up.  Jen lies on a towel to tan and Josh and I run into the waves that crash on the sand. 

I've been swimming a few times secretly, so I know how to swim. There was  a creek in the woods behind the orphanage. "Ah, don't splash me!" I laugh and run from Josh. "I'm gonna 'getcha!" He says splashing water. I splash him back and I catch a glimpse of Jen who has somehow slipped into the water without us noticing. She looks at me and puts her finger on her lip signaling for me to be quiet. She has a bucket and while Josh is splashing me, Jen fills it with water and pours it on his head. "Oh it's on!" Josh says. "Uh  oh!" Jen giggles and takes off running. 

After of hours of a splash war, we call a hunger truce. "Joshy, I'm hungry..." Jen says. "Are you hungry, Christina?" He says looking at me. "Chris is hungry too! I think she even wants McDonalds!" Jen interrupts.  I just give an approving nod. 

We go to McDonalds then head home. It had been a long day out and we were all super tired. I fall asleep in my room with a heart full of joy. My family is the best I could've ever imagined. I feel so secure in my life and I love the fact that  I am lucky enough to call this place my home. 

A/N short chapter and I took forever to update sorry guys! I totally forgot about this book ngl. Soooo hmu if you have any ideas/suggestions for the book. I LOVE YOU!